Are We Ready To Talk Zoobs?

Viewing 3 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

Or do we wait until after they lose to Arizona?

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’ve been wanting to talk zoobs ever since December. It’s time. I’m not as confident as I was yesterday morning, but I want to beat them down so badly this year.

Whitt needs to beat them. For everything. They think they have the mental edge now with Sitake. Sitake is a good recruiter. He has their fanbase excited. If we lose to them, that would be a big step back in state for Utah.

It would be proof that everything BYU fan has been saying is coming true. That Detmer and Sitake are leading BYU back to their glory days. That the 70’s are coming back.

Especially if BYU beats Arizona on Saturday. Then BYU would be 2-0 vs the PAC-12 and suddenly they go from a 5 win team to a 8 to 9 win team, which would be AMAZING for Sitake’s first year.

A win is a must.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

100% agreed here. This game is more important this year than it has been in some time. I’m nervous, though. In pre-season I was convinced that a win against them was almost a sure thing. Now? After seeing the offensive line play the way it did last night? A line that was touted as one of the best in the PAC? I’m worried. The run game was straight up bad. Joe Williams had all offseason to fix his fumbles, and he couldn’t put it together against an FCS defense. McCormick had some flashes, but he can’t run between the tackles.

I had hoped to see more out of the D-Line and LBers as well. They were good, but there were too many times when SUU’s QB was able to scramble up the middle. We absolutely cannot allow that with Taysom. He’ll gash us every single time.

Our DBs don’t get their heads around to play the ball. Our receivers still have drops. Phillips missed a chip-shot FG.

Hopefully it’s first game jitters. Troy Williams showed some definite poise and ability last night, I feel good about our chances if we can get him some real time in the pocket, and get a run-game going, we’ll win comfortably. If not? Could be bad. Real bad.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Bah, the SUU woes are a direct result of playing BYU next week. The o line will be fired up and focused. The fixes aren’t that hard. The scheme will be better and they will be forged in the fires of adversity. The o line will come play. The d will come to play. The victory will be by two scores.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

You want some Wilson homerism? Vs FCS schools, Wilson played in two games. He averaged 73% completion, 264 yards and 2 TD’s.

Williams had 57% completion, 272 yards and 2 TD’s.

What does it mean? Who the freak knows. I like the yards and TD’s, but wish the comp % was higher for Williams.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wilson had the balanced threat of Booker. Williams did not have that run support last night, so necessarily more of the game fell on his arm. I too would like to see a better completion %, but I will take solace in William’s accuracy AND his demonstrated wisdom to know when to just throw the ball away (at the expense of completion %).

The OL will get better. Bolles looked lost, but he is a specimen.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree completely. I think if we can find a back who can run through the tackles (hopefully it’s Moss), we will be a really, really, really good offense.

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

Shyne. Late in the game when got in he was running through guys. Grain of salt, SUU … tired, but I didn’t see Joe doing this and it’s not exactly Troy McCormick’s game. Someone will emerge and I’ve got to think there is a reason we saw Shyne and not Moss.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by 89ute.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Moss was hurt for last night’s game. He is supposed to be back for BYU. Big missed opportunity for Moss. If he was healthy, I wonder if he gets some carries after Williams fumbles and gets a shot to never give the ball back ala Covey (last year, Fulks dropped a pass vs Michigan, Covey came in, made a big catch and we never saw Fulks again).

89ute
              Ute Fan
              @89ute

Didn’t know Moss was hurt. Thanks for setting me straight. What details do you have about Moss?

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

All I saw his that he was out vs SUU but that he would be back for BYU.

UtahSig
                Ute Fan
                @utahsig

Moss was in a walking boot. According to his twitter he is planning to be back by BYU.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Are We Ready To Talk Zoobs?