Article on Whittingham, targeting call and next man up

Viewing 3 reply threads

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

Something actually quite good from the Deseret News.

Complaining about targeting would have been the most Un-Whittingham response

This article is a good reminder of what is one of the strengths of our coaching staff.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Amy Donaldson is a treasure. She’s amazing at what she does. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I think it doesn’t help Leach at all to air out his opinions. Although it is extremely entertaining and something I agree with, it doesn’t work. It doesn’t make you feel better either. Yet I will probably always be that kind of a person who will point out how ridiculous it is and share my opinion.

The world likes people in the mold of Whitt. Who just move on and take injustices gracefully. It really doesn’t help to be negative. 

AlohaUte
        Ute Fan
        @alohaute

But at some point I want to see a little of Whit’s fire directed at such craziness. It’s one thing if it is a one or two time thing, but Utah has been consistently screwed by it and I want our coach to show some fire about it.

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Mmmm hmmm…

He really needs to go get dinner with Mike Freaking Petke from RSL. Mike will teach him the ways. 

https://youtu.be/Cfnq6Oi9iwQ

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

It won’t change either it is just “kicking against the pricks.” 

Facts are that targeting is an extremely subjective rule that isn’t applied correctly across college football. It seems to be worst in a conference that is notoriously bad at making correct calls. Hansen’s was probably the worst call of the day but I only watched two games Utah’s and Oregon’s. In the Oregon game there was a fumble with a clear recovery by the defense. When it was live the locuacious head ref clearly signaled Oregon ball. Wilkins emerged from a pile of bodies with the ball somewhow. A side camera angle shows an Oregon player on top of it. They confer for quite some time then he overturns it on the field without looking at it. It seems inconsequential but the events to me needed to be examined more closely. Why did the head ref signal Oregon ball and then change his mind?? Why didn’t they look at the video and at least try to make it seem fair?  It doesn’t seem like just idiocy it seems deliberate. 

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

This horrific call was courtesy of Mark Duddy, the same official who gave WSU 5 downs in 2015.  The same guy who allowed 10 extra seconds at the end of our game vs Washington last year.  The same guy who is a Colorado graduate.  

Pac 12 is making it very difficult not to believe in the conspiracy theories…

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Article on Whittingham, targeting call and next man up