Been too busy with personal things…

Viewing 3 reply threads

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Finally caught up today on some of the early pre-season top 25 predcitions.  I’m obviously pleased to see the Utes featured often, sometimes prominently, and only completely missing on a few.

A question and a comment:

Why has Oregon jumped to the top of the class?  I get that they have a returning senior quarterback, and a very good incoming recruiting class.  But, toward the end of last season, with everything to play for, they came into Utah and lost to our backup QB and running back.  Recruiting classes rarely provide anything to the bottom line, other than perhaps depth in their first year, and Oregon lost their best receiver, Dillon Mitchel, who will be very hard to replace.  Is this just a case of the national media “WANTING” to reestablish the presence the the “Oregon Brand”?

Comment:

There are some prominent OOC games scheduled with non-PAC12 schools, obviously none involving Utah.  We need to get BYU off the schedule and start looking for something more interesting and something that will help our national strength of schedule and the perception of our program with the national press.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

How good is Auburn supposed to be? That game will tell a lot.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Regarding Oregon and this is just my take; I do agree that the media is probably a little biased here, but as you said they have Herbert coming back, plus a very good, experienced offensive line. Their left tackle, who was injured when Utah played them, might be the best in the country. I predict he’ll be a top 10 pick when he goes to the NFL.

astUTE
        Ute Fan
        @astute

Forgot completely about him, and partially that he missed our game last year.  I still have to see something from Oregon before they’ll create any fear.   The good news is, that if we play them it will be in the conference championship.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

All the local talking heads seem miffed with all the Oregon love.  I personally don’t see it.  Herbert was not a super star even with a great receiver.  I am unimpressed with their coach.  Oregon is a big name program and I think a lot of the love is wishful thinking; just hoping that they are back in the mix.  I just hope we play them for the conference championship in December and blow them away.

Go Utes!!!

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Been too busy with personal things…