Big surprise

Viewing 2 reply threads
      6 9

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

The poorest states in the Union are going to play football because money (TRUMPS) health. 

SEC are poor without football! 

10 3

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

(Eyeroll) let’s not pretend California and New York are doing so well. Any state with that much poverty on top of the fact that they can’t do simple math and are always looking for a bail out from the feds is ridiculous.
      Having said that, if California doesn’t play football, it will be disastrous for the schools in the UC system. Especially UC Berkeley who went into hundreds of millions of dollars of debt to overhaul their football stadium. California is seen by some as the richest state, yet we had a 12.8% poverty rate in 2018 which puts us at 26th best. With our population, that is a lot of people. With Gavin continually locking things down and forcing people out of work, it will get worse and we don’t have any money to support all of these people so we’re asking the feds for help. If you visit parts of San Fransisco, L.A., the inland empire or the central California valley, you would have no idea you’re in the US, let alone California. Even after all this, football is unlikely here. The rich people have it really good here. The middle class struggles and the poor are the poorest.

3 11

User Suspended
        @a2ute

You sound miserable- Sounds like you need to come home to the bubble.

8 3

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Wow Pace. You’re intellectual prowess and knowledge of the topic at hand are second to none. Thanks for your impeccable insights about “poor states” that the OP was talking about.

Having said that, as soon as I retire in 10-15 years I will be leaving. Whether it’s back to Utah or somewhere else, that remains to be seen. I’ll be living a better life, in a better house for a lot less money and it will be great.

3 13

User Suspended
            @a2ute

So for the next 10-15 years you will continue to b*tch about it?  I thought you guys are all about “live your life, blah blah blah”.  Did Cali offer you a better opportunity than say Alabama or West Virgina?… hmmm interesting. 

You need to do whatever it takes to get to a trump state… why waste 15 years?

7 7

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

My personal life is none of your business. I could make it in any state and do very well. No Cali does not offer me a better opportunity and yes I will continue to bitch about it because I’m not able to live my life due to progressives in Sacramento. I stay here because I need to for reasons that don’t concern you. I vote for better people to run the state but I’m in the minority. If I don’t like the way the poor are treated here, voice it and you have a problem with that, sounds like you’re either a hypocrite or uneducated. The OP brought up an invalid point, I pointed that out and you took offense because you know I’m right. You’re trying to flip the discussion to my personal life in an attempt to hide the facts about the OP’s post. Typical left wing tactic.

3 8

User Suspended
                @a2ute

ok.. got it. But i got to tell ya, Cali would be what a “liberal” thinks of alabama. I would never live in alabama, no matter what the opportunity.

maybe you need to stop being hypocritical. Cali gave you your life (which you don’t want to share, but clearly kept you there)…but you hate it. 

3 1

Central Coast Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @flip2848

Ok Pace. You’re right. Cali just gave me everything and I haven’t worked at all. Why don’t you leave the U.S.? If you hate it here so bad just leave?

1 4

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

(Eyeroll) Lets not pretend that COVID shut downs are hurting the economy. They’re what has saved it. 26th with the largest population, including a massive population of first generation immigrants is actually admirable.

1 1

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Some folks just like football.

Viewing 2 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Big surprise