Bill Riley mentioned that Hansen has said he’s coming back.

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Any truth to this insider info ? Onlyu ?

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

I think he has no choice. NFL teams need to see if he can play without getting hurt. And I think his neck is still messed up.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Yes and yes on both…he hasn’t been right since USC.  He has to find a way to get through the season injury free.  If he does he’ll be All PAC12 next year and a draft pick vs. signing an FA contract this year.  Important year for him but will be a huge piece to what could be one of the best secondary’s in the league (if not the country) next year.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

Noice mate, but which position(s) do he and Marquise Blair play next year? – BTW, I’m pretty jacked out of my mind for the potential of next years defense….too bad we didn’t get Tareke Lewis on campus though.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I’d keep him at safety. He can everything there. Barton and Thompson and Lloyd and Pirtle at LB. 

gUrthBrooks
              Ute Fan
              @hammer

Blair stays at backup SS?

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

Damn, we are deep. Probably. Versus Arizona, Hansen, Blair and Ballard play together. 

Versus Stanford, We go heavier. 

gUrthBrooks
                  Ute Fan
                  @hammer

I hope Blair and Hansen destroy Rich Rod.

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

We need another LB to either step up or join in February.  It could be Lloyd like Utah mentions…freakishly athletic and long but raw, many others in the mix.  Pirtle is a dude…but JC guys sometimes take a little while though his style matches our scheme very well so I think he meshes quickly.  If he does we’re golden…if not, Chase will have to come down some.  Injuries always change things but as long as Blair reacts well to the injury, he, Ballard and Phil are well above average back there.  Chase should be all over the place and tough to game plan for.  Three proven man to man guys outside with more joining the mix.

Hard not be excited about next year.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Moved to the football category.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bill Riley mentioned that Hansen has said he’s coming back.