Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

tweeted out

See ya Sep 14th

5 8

beaslad
      Ute Fan
      @beaslad

Here’s the thing: yes it will be against lesser talent but if somehow he blooms as a legit first string QB at a FBS school then Ludwig REALLY needs to be evaluated on whether he is up to the job.

Xanthis
        Ute Fan
        @xanthis

I’m not worried about this happening and I’m not someone that thinks Ludwig can do no wrong.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

The funny thing is that he’s probably going to start Spring Camp as the 3rd string QB behind Legas and Hillstead for the Aggies. Not all change is progress. You all remember Jason Shelley, who actually also looked good at times in his cameos with the Utes? He also transferred to Utah State, never even got a sniff of the field there and had to transfer, again, to FCS Missouri State to get any playing time. It wouldn’t surprise me if something similar happened to Barnes.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

JS did see the field for usu initially, but in a losing effort.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Yeah, I know, he played in four games for USU with bad stats before moving on. You get my point though. Even the G5 was too big for him and he had to go to a FCS school to excel.

D T
              Ute Fan
              @azute1

“never even got a sniff of the field” was inaccurate & I clarified it for you…He was given his opportunity @ usu & failed, so yes he did in fact have to step down a division to compete well enough to have success.

8 1

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Barnes trajectory as a QB is irrelevant to Utah.

If he does well it is hard for me to say Ludwig is responsible in any way.

I also am the person that gives Ludwig probably the least amount of credit for the 8 wins.

I am much more interested in Nate Johnson and Jackson. I say this and I probably won’t waste a lot of time looking them up.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

I thought he would go to Utah tech or southern Utah. Surprised by Utah state. We had a big enough sample size to know his limits. Wish him well he was a great teammate and class act.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

I heard rumors that he supposedly had offers from out of state. We’ll probably never know.

DataUte
          Ute Fan
          @scotwaye

I heard UM reached out with a $1M NIL offer 😉 jk

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

Ultimately after all the rumors I had heard about out of state offers he apparently “surprised everyone, including himself” and went to Utah State.

My hope at this point is that my family’s weird obsession with Bryson Barnes (centered around my wife’s vehement dislike for him) can come to a close. It’s been a journey.

I wish him well and am curious to see how it goes for him against Utah in September.

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I like this move for Barnes. He gets to still be the local guy. That said, I don’t know how much closer it gets him to his goal of being a starting QB… But best of luck to the dude. He was a hard working guy who gave it his all to the U and I love him for that. That, and he beat USC. That will be a great memory for forever.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Bryson will be a Senior, 21, and married at 19. Maybe staying relatively close to home but getting a different opportunity/experience (even if he has to fight even to be the backup) will be good. Doesn’t seem like he has the tools to play at the next level, so maybe a different system is good just to get exposure. Not sure if he wants to get into coaching (Bottari does) but this could just be a change of scenery.

I appreciate him for what he did with his abilities and injuries and bringing a good story to national attention. And I can’t discredit the win at USC (Vaki as well) and the priceless memories with my son being there. I don’t know how you can dislike him, even vehemently. He’s a small town kid from a small town world that probably reached his peak (in football) and it’s just not quite D1 or P5 QB1. But he had heart and the team seemed to like him ok.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Bryson Barnes to Utah State