Bryson – Zach Wilson comparison

Viewing 5 reply threads
      3 3

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

This might be unpopular but when I’m watching Zach Wilson I feel like I’m watching Bryson Barnes. Both have arm strength and make some good throws…. Sometimes.
      Pressured, run backwards first. Might make a strong run for big gain or might get sacked for 12 yard loss.
      Just this feel of almost being good and things get going, then fall apart.

I know Bryson had his best game ever last weekend, I just can’t forget the bad weeks because he had a good week. Though he did look much improved, to be fair (against a 2-7 team).

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

One’s from Milford and the other is the Honorary Mayor of MILFville

UTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @utute

Town of Milford…Beaver county

utahwingman
      Ute Fan
      @utahwingman

I think the Utah football team and the Jets are quite similar.

Lost our starting QB for the season. Both of the QB thought to be the saviors of the teams.
      Have great defenses that can get us some wins. But they can only do so much.
      But the offenses are inconssitent, especially at the QB performance.

Not that I care about the Jets but interesting to see even the pro level have to deal with similar situations.

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

Very different quarterbacks. Wilson has top tier arm talent, Barnes does not. Wilson constantly tries to force bad throws and make big plays, Barnes tries to make the easy simple play as often as possible. Wilson is a slippery runner with good acceleration and great escapability but can’t take too many hits, Barnes is a straight ahead runner who can finish like a battering ram.

I think something that’s misconstrued by some might be the idea that Barnes makes bad decisions. He actually has good decision making, it’s just that his arm strength isn’t good enough to bail him out when he makes his occasional bad ones. He may be able to throw it far well enough sometimes, but his intermediate throws don’t have much velocity, and that’s the biggest benefit of arm strength. He very much takes what’s given to him often, while Wilson famously tries to create what’s not there. That’s what made Wilson great against crap competition in a covid year and got him drafted in the 1st round, but also what makes him horrible in the NFL.

NorthernUte
        Ute Fan
        @northernute24

It’s not that he has bad decision making, but he only makes two decisions… pass to the first read or run like hell. He’s definitely getting better at his progressions though, which ASU was a good school to practice that against and he did great, so he’s definitely improving

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

And in that decision making process…he can’t think on the fly. The interception to Vaki was a perfect example. Vaki runs an option route. Vaki sees that there are three defenders to the right, so he runs to the left. Barnes throws it to the right, where the three defenders are and throws an interception.

The reality is, we don’t know if Barnes makes bad decisions. He doesn’t make any decision other than 1 – what’s my first read, should I throw it and 2 – oh s**t, I shouldn’t throw it, I’m going to run.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Wilson is obviously a better QB, though he’s not great. He does step up in the pocket, unlike Barnes, and he seems much more accurate.

2 5

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

YOU’RE ALL WRONG ON EVERYTHING YOU SAY ABOUT BARNES…EVERYTHING! THE PIG MASTER HAS THE ARM OF HERCULES, WILSON DOES NOT, HE HAS GREAT ESCAPE ABILITY( HE JUST HASN’T SHOWN IT YET), AND WHAT ABOUT THAT TD PASS IN THE END ZONE? EXACTLY 2.5 INCHES ABOVE THE DEFENDERS FINGER TIPS WHERE ONLY THE RECEIVER COULD CATCH IT; WILSON CAN’T DO THAT, AND FINALY…BARNES DOESN’T MILF AROUND, SO HE IS A BETTER MORMON TOO.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

You should’ve made a theme account. You need to coordinate your picture and name with this content.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports Bryson – Zach Wilson comparison