BYU’s 2020 schedule. 0-11?

Viewing 5 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

https://twitter.com/mitch_harper/status/1018930276766896129?s=21

Holy crap. Utah then Michigan St? They won’t have anyone healthy after those two games. They better hope they beat Utah.

Then ASU and Minnesota? That’s 1-3, assuming WILDLY that they beat Utah.

USU is winnable, right? Not after those first four games. BYU isn’t deep enough. That’s 1-4.

Missouri, Houston, @Northern Ill, @Boise St. Maybe they beat Northern Ill. That’s 2-7.

The SDSU and @Stanford. Loss, loss. That’s 2-9, assuming they beat Northern Illinois on the road after six straight losses and somehow beat Utah.

And Utah? Jack Tuttle will be a SO or JR QB in his second or third year of being the starter. Soooo…they ain’t beating Utah.

Does BYU go 0-11 that year? They might. Holy hell, how far has the program fallen?

1 1

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Why would you assume they beat Utah? I’m always apprehensive about that game, but I would never assume a BYU victory over Utah.

As for the rest of that schedule, every single one of those games is a game that I would say BYU could lose. At best, they are all toss-ups. Unless they get significantly better in the next two years, I would pick them to go 3-8 or 4-7. The wins would come against Utah State, Northern Illinois, San Diego State, and then either Boise State or one of the P5 teams who happens to be having a down year that season. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Like my last paragraph says, they aren’t beating Utah. Tuttle will be in his third year in the program. We will destroy them. I was being very, very, very generous to BYU. If they lose to Utah, I don’t know if there is a win to be found.

Lets say they lose to Utah and Michigan St. I don’t care who they play in game 3, that’s a guaranteed loss. They aren’t deep enough to win that third game. The third game is @ASU. Then cross country to play Minnesota? Another loss. 0-4.

Utah State, Missouri and Houston at home. BYU will be so beat up and USU will playing their rivalry game. That will be an insanely tough game to play. Alabama won’t play 4 P5 schools in a row before their rival. That’s a probable loss. 0-5.

0-5 vs Missouri is probably their best hope at a win at this point. Let’s say they win that game. 1-5. They ain’t beating Houston. 1-6.

Back across country to play Northern Illinois. If they lose that game, that’s 7 losses and nothing left to play for. They lose out after that.

My god. I can’t wait for that year.

So, their best shots at a win will be an 0-5 BYU vs Missouri or a 1-6 @ Northern Illinois.

He he.

Johnny80
      Ute Fan
      @johnny80

I so hope that is the case. Couldn’t happen to a better fan base. 😂😂 Also who will be the head coach then? You think K.S. makes it to 2020? 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Great question. Let’s say they get to 6 wins this year. That lets Kalani coach the 2019 season. 2019’s schedule is very tough. They have a potential 8 straight losses to start that year. So, he won’t last past that year. 

So, new HC in 2020…or 2019. Who takes that job? You can’t win with that schedule; it’s impossible. Who would be dumb enough to take that job? It doesn’t even pay well. 

I feel bad for whoever takes that job. 

Johnny80
          Ute Fan
          @johnny80

By that point it will be like giving the new H.C. a bucket of water and telling him to dump it on a grease fire. All you will do is burn yourself and make the fire worse. 

The only way that changes is if they open the job up to non card carrying members. Even if that happens I still think it will be too late. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Lol. What a great analogy. 

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

That is very challenging schedule by BYU’s historical standards. By our standards? Not so much. We play 9 P5 opponents year in and year out plus (usually) two B level teams plus another P5 in a bowl game. If we were to play BYU’s 2020 schedule it would be among the easiest we’ve had since going P5. Just to keep things in perspective…

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

^^^

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

I just scrolled back up and looked again. You’re not wrong. I didn’t see it that way until it was framed that way. Wow. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yeah, but we have top 25-35 recruiting classes. They recruit in the 90’s. We’d go 10-1 at worst with that schedule…and they might go 0-11.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

That is an incredible schedule. Good for them. They aren’t getting that in the Mountain West.

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

If I was a fan of a team and either didn’t have season tickets or lived out of state (i.e. watched all the games on TV anyway), I would LOVE to play some of the teams they get to play.  I would also travel to see a game or three.

But if I was a season ticket holder and only got to see one or two big games per year at home I would be mad.  Every 3-4 years the stars align and they get a few big games at home (Sparty, Mizzou, Houston, and StayClassy at home in 2020), but in the other years it is pretty thin.

I hope our new AD finds a way to get more interesting OOC games on the schedule.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

I’m assuming a BYU win. In the last 20 years, the more people that think BYU will win, the more of a guarantee that Utah will win.

darklightning
        Ute Fan
        @darklightning

Glad to see I’m not the only one who thinks this way! 😂

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo BYU’s 2020 schedule. 0-11?