Cam Rising interview

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Hard road to get here, but it feels unreal.  It was harder to repeat as PAC12 champions.

The pregame vibe was exciting.  Appreciates the fans showing up.

Got some confidence when the D held USC to a FG.

Kincaid was in all but one play in the first USC game, but he was not capable/healthy enough to do that this game.

Different stars in this game.  “Next man up.”  We will not make excuses for injuries.  That’s not what we do.  Jackson’s accomplishments speak to his athletism.  He made the change quickly to RB.  He is an unreal team player.  He is fast, strong, and physical.  Great player and person.

Yassmin’s performance has not surprised Cam.  He is a different breed.  He just runs right through defenders.

Money Parks is gaining confidence and now doesn’t overthink things.

Cope is a great route runner.  We need to get him involved more.

The play he remembers most was when USC hit him and his helmet was knocked off.  Spent some time fixing his helmet so Barnes could get ready.  

Felt like we were in control when we were up ten (27-17).

He wanted to celebrate with his teammates after the game, but the TV cameras kept getting in the way.

Really thinks highly of coach Ludwig.  (They obviously have a great relationship.)

Excited to go to the Rose Bowl.  He definitely plans on playing.  He says he loves being in the Disney parade.  Looks forward to playing Penn State.  Never thought that he would play Penn State.  Penn State wears its classic uniforms which he think is cool.

Cam says that the Utes will be wearing red.  Doesn’t know about the helmets.

Cam has not decided on what he will do yet as far as leaving is concerned.  He may wait until the January 15th deadline.  He expects to hear for NFL scouts in the next few weeks.  He was asked if there is a chance he would come back.  His answer was – never say never.  (I think from his tone that he really wants to go.)

Sanders
      Ute Fan
      @sanders

Do we know for sure if Kincaid is leaving?

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Kincaid has no choice.  He is gone.  Kuithe has a choice and told Riley that if Cam stays – he probably will too.

4 1

ReconUte
          Ute Fan
          @reconute

Kuithe is 100% coming back per his father from our conversation in Vegas. Not sure if I was supposed to say this or not but he didn’t tell me not too so…..

ayoriver
      Ute Fan
      @ayoriver

Selfishly, I want him to come back, which I think would convince a few others to return too. I must also admit my main reason is I think we would have a very good shot at running it back and making the playoff. I don’t think the D starts slow like it did this year maybe even picks up right where it’s leaving off, and most of the key contributors on offense will be back.

Every great Utah season in the past 20 has involved above average to great QB play, and we may get that with someone else, but we know we’ll get it with Cam.

It would be awesome to say Utah made the playoff while it was still 4 teams, and it would fit with the fact Utah is among the top ten teams in being included in the CFP rankings since their inception. If I may, it would also be a pretty great way to immortalize 22… I’m just saying.

Regardless, can’t thank this group enough for all enjoyment they’ve brought, so I’ll support whatever decisions (as if my opinion matters, ha). Next year should be fun any way you look at it.
      Go Utes!

prestitute
        Ute Fan
        @prestitute

I think it makes sense for him to come back. I would love to see us get enough NIL (hell, crowd fund part of it and get local sponsors to take notice and pony up for paid sponsorships, etc.) to make it a no-brainer for him. I think he wants to get a real shot in the NFL and will go if it comes back favorable, however, realistically it may make sense for him to stay and get tape of him healthy and consistent. We still haven’t seen a truly 100% Cam. This year, he was adjsuting to his shoulder before he got hurt again in the USC game. I think next year he would have a chance to come out at as close to 100% as he has been since his initial injury against SC in 2020. If you get a healthy Cam out there, I really think he is a legit 3rd round or better pick.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam Rising interview