Cam Rising interview notes

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He feels like he has played good this season but knows there are things he could improve on.  He doesn’t like to compare to last season because that was a different year.

Shout out to the defense for what they did in the red-zone against OSU.

OSU was loading up the box and bringing the safeties in.  They had us well-scouted and knew what we were going to do.

The personal stat he looks at is the completion %.  Wants to be at least at 70%.

Dixon is very fast and can make things happen.

RH Hubert is a ball-hawk and has had a great season.

Riley asked him if he works on his stiff arm.  He said no, but he has used it his entire life.

If he sees a one-on-one – he will not go out of bounds.  That’s why he decided to go for the TD on Saturday.

UCLA has the ability to stop the run  They have only allowed one team more than 100 yards rushing.  Their defense is very athletic.   Sometimes they play three ends and only one tackle.  They mix things up.

We need to play a nasty, physical brand of football so we can run.

He knows 3-4 guys on the UCLA team.

DTR has developed into a great QB, not just an athlete.

Cam has an agent to handle all the NIL deals.  The agent promotes Cam.  He said his agent does a great job of handling things for him.  When he considers his opportunities, he makes his decision based on if it is worth his time.  Some of the things take him out of his comfort zone.  But, he thinks he has grown from the experiences.  Has about 8 or 9 businesses he is working with.

All the hype and national broadcasts over the next two weeks mean nothing to him.  I think Riley expected a different answer.

The UCLA game should be physical and competitive.  (Coach speak)

Has a website: cameronrising.com where they sell gear.

GreatNorthernUte
      Ute Fan
      @greatnorthernute

Our below average run game last week makes sense given OSU loading the box and their general strong run defense.

The good news is Cam took advantage of some of those opportunities.  My concern this week is whether the opportunities in the throw game are sustainable without Kuithe.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I’ve watched UCLA twice. The first time I watched them I thought their defense was soft. The last game against Washington I thought they were better, but I’m hoping that Washington was overrated. 

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I think UCLA looked very good against UW.  However, someone told me in his opinion it was two average teams playing each other and it made UCLA look better than they are.

What I do know is that DTR is a five-year starter at QB.  He has great experience and he has a very good RB and this WR transfer named Bobo looks excellent.  On defense, they are holding teams to 85 yards rushing a game.  How much of this is due to the fact that every team is playing from behind?  I don’t know.

IMO, if we win it will be because we mix things up on offense and keep them off guard.  On defense, we need to contain DTR.  We don’t want him to go off on us as Richardson from Florida did.

D T
            Ute Fan
            @azute1

They hold opponents to 85/game? Look no further than the competition!

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Washington had less than 100 yards rushing, but I think that was more the UW ohfensive strategy, they wanted to utilize Penix’s arm, than UCLA’s skill at run defense.   Certainly the Ute defense better be on top of their game as UCLA seems to have a very balanced ohfensive scheme using DT-R’s arm and his legs, plus Charbonnet’s running skill.

Vegas Ute
        Ute Fan
        @lasvegasute

I watched the game again (and again) and our run blocking was and has been very spotty. If running is a big part of your offense, then you better block up-front because you know teams are going to stack it up at the line of scrimmage. Linebackers are consistently coming through the gaps unblocked and causing havoc. I think they need to run more stunts or miss-directions if they can’t do straight-up blocking effectively.

On the defense side, man, what a difference having Diabate back in the middle made. Hitting the gaps has been an issue for our D but he did an outstanding job on doing that against OSU. I know he had at least two solo tackles inside the red zone.

I’m hoping Tavion’s troubles are behind him and hoping he pays a bit more attention to football than he does to his social media account! We’re going to need him if the Utes are going to keep going.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Cam Rising interview notes