Can we duplicate TT’s 2021?

Viewing 4 reply threads

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

I don’t want to get into TT aspersions. From a football perspective TT had an amazing 2021. I don’t remember any other year where it is third and goal from the 4 to 6+ yards out and we would still run it. (Maybe I am exaggerating a bit, but that is how I remember it.)

In looking at the video, TT’s success appears to be due to 1) blocking, 2) TT’s vision (particularly to cut north and south), and 3) TT’s size (mostly to brush off players diving at his legs). I might also add a number 4) softness of opponent (given that this was 1 year removed from the Covid year and the P-12 was definitely softer).

I am hopeful that JJ can replicate those skills, particularly with this year’s O-Line. Can’t wait to see.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Is it me or did it just take too long for defenders to get around Bam? There were some pretty massive holes. Ludwig’s ace in the hole is when from left to right the o-line would crash downto the right with Bam blindsiding the DT’s. Pretty fun to watch.

kazute
        Ute Fan
        @kazute

I agree. The blocking seemed outstanding. TT only seemed to take a hit (if any) at the goal line.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

TT has great field vision. He implements a really nice hesitation move frequently that freezes defenders, and he is able to quickly react and take advantage of it.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

A play I will remember for a long time was one in the video where TT gets the ball, stops for a couple of shuffle steps waiting for the pulling guard to de-cleat an inside stunt from UCLA, waits for the pulling TE to run thru the hole, then following after for a TD.

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

With the blocking (hopeful), I think JJ can replicate the red zone efficiency. Plus, JJ seems to be more of a threat to break away midfield. Really looking to see a jump this year, like the jump in the second half of last year.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Can we duplicate TT’s 2021?