CBS Sportslline latest projection has us as the last 4 in

Viewing 6 reply threads

SantaVaca
      Ute Fan
      @santavaca

I think if we win both home games this week and at Oregon State next week, we end up making the tournament. If we somehow win at Oregon, we’re in for sure.

I know I’m a glutton for punishment but I still believe we get in.

TX_UTE
      Ute Fan
      @dleemiller

I believe!

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

20 wins is the magic number

I think you need wins over Stanford, Cal, OSU and one win in the Pac12 tournament

That would be 20-13 and get Utah an at-large bid.

Some speculation online that Smith will be fired if the Utes miss the Big Dance.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Well, you can fire him now or you can fire him next year after the Utes lose all the senior talent on the squad and go 8-23 in their inaugural season in the Big 12. The Big 12 is looking likely to get up to 10 teams in the tournament this year and is really the best basketball conference in the nation.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

Hopefully the transfer portal giveth this offseason

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

It’s going to have to in order for the Utes to be relevant.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

That’s possible. It would really help to win one or two games in the conference tournament.

Utes 69
      Ute Fan
      @slc123

Need a new coach today, big 12 basketball is no joke!

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Utah at the moment has a worse/almost equal record going into the last four conference games than last season in a league overall down (USC, UCLA, UO) compared to last year. If Utah goes 3-1, they are 10-10 in conference, same as last year to end the season. Utah is not beating UO in Eugene. Cal could be a tough out for Utah even at home. Utah should beat Stanford and OSU. 3-1 going into the P12 tourney is good momentum. That said, not a good look when the fate of your head BB coach likely depends on the outcome of the last two weeks of the season. Considering his HC hiring history at Utah and USF, I have zero confidence in Harlan hiring any coach at this point. Let’s see if the Utes can step up and get it done!

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Definitely need to hit the reset button. But I don’t think this year or maybe even the next is possible or the right time. Craig Smith isn’t the answer but can at least put a competitive product on the court for home games.

Maintain laser focus and all resources on football until it’s closer to when CS’s contract runs out before pulling the plug.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Here is the link for college athlete’s eligibility for:sports.https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-approves-blanket-waiver-for-2020-fall-sports-athletes-to-retain-year-of-eligibility/
      As I read it only Brandon Carlson and Bajima are out of eligibility after this season. Maybe I’m reading it incorrectly. How do you read it?

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

That’s true but that also doesn’t mean that all of the guys that are currently seniors will automatically return to the program. Some of these guys, like Bajema did this year, could skip town as graduate transfers on to other greater basketball schools if they so desired.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) CBS Sportslline latest projection has us as the last 4 in