Chuck it up and pray, sometimes it wins.

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

After a few hours of sleep and a fresh perspective, the way to beat Whit’s Utah teams has been Chuck it up, complete an inordinate amount of low percentage deep throws to the left sideline.

So a few positives from last night’s game. 

1. We were better on the ground

2. We dominated time of possession and number of plays run

3. The TE delayed pass to the end zone

4. 7 trips to the red zone

5. Unlike many here I think Ludwig called a pretty good game

Clean up the holds, taking better angles on deep passes, and continue to wear teams down, Anae got blatantly held a couple times, I think this team bounces back. Covey needs to be replaced on punt returns, he isn’t 100% and should be replaced until he is. USC played on emotion in the first quarter and we just had one too many mistakes.

I think we win the South, with one more loss. USC will lose some road games.

2 11

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Disagree on winning the South. Without Zach Moss, Utes will lose to WSU, UW, probably Cal, and one of the Arizona schools. KW comments on “next man up” is laughable. Ute RB back-ups are not remotely close to Zach Moss. Most of the holding calls a result of Utah players getting beat off blocks by USC players.

KelVarnsen
        Ute Fan
        @kelvarnsen

Of the 247 yards rushing yesterday, 227 were from people not named Zack Moss. 

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Take a break, man. You’re not convincing anyone of anything. Go yell at your dog or something

1 3

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

yup…we shall see how it goes with the Utah ground and pound without ZM and Huntley forced into running 10+ times a game.

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

If there’s a Sliver lining .. Helton stays coach of USC ; Meyers would be a nightmare … Vickers is a future baller and Brumfield shows some flashes as well ; not sure why Wilmore wasn’t utilized more .. kicking, eh

I was also fine with Ludwigs play calling ; all except most the goal line series. Players still need to execute the dam play.

Huntley ain’t gonna last three games if he keeps exposing himself like he has. Online better step it up.

Defense .. was it just me , or did we play with more ego then smarts .. my hell; we got beat by the third string QB on lobs.

Our team looks more like last years team ; maybe slightly better. Still disappointed, was really hoping this team would have broke through this year. This team may have already hit their ceiling.

Staying healthy was my biggest concern going into this season ; and it starting to look like it will be an issue again

After this year we’ll be in rebuilding mode ; it will be interesting going forward

.. maybe there wasn’t any sliver linings lol ; at least we ain’t the TDS

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Chuck it up and pray, sometimes it wins.