Clock management

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

Was very happy overall with the game plan and outcome Saturday, but was I the only one yelling at the TV when Kyle failed to call a timeout after stopping USC on their last possession of the first half? 40 seconds came off the clock with USC’s punt team happy to take their time. If not for the miraculous mix-up flea flicker that error would have cost us at least 4 points if not 7. I don’t understand why Kyle is so content to settle for just getting into the locker room or setting up a FG with 2 minutes left. That is a ton of time to go down the field! It was very reminiscent of the 2019 game at Arizona where poor clock management had us inside the Arizona 5 with no time to score.

I suppose all is well that ends well, but this could cost us a game in the future. That last 7 of the half changed the entire game! I’d hate to know where we would have been without it. Nitpicking after a win, but I hope they look at it and are more aggressive in the future.

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

I was disappointed in that as well. Also disappointed to hear that the flea flicker was not the play that was called and it was supposed to be a run. Super happy it worked out, and I even made the comment to my wife Utah never does anything “tricky” like that.

12 1

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Kyle wins BIG in LA against USC for first time in 100 years after he just had a player pass away…I’m going to let the clock thingy go and move on. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Yeah I was really upset about that in chat. It worked out in the end and opened the floodgates. 
      It also lead to a very funny story about why the flea flicker was called. Speaking of the flea flicker I can’t fault anything on the play. It was literally executed perfectly. 

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Accident or not, the flea flicker play and last TD pass inside the 5 yard line will keep future teams honest instead of defending KWs predictable “analytic” up the middle play calling in the shot gun formation. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Clock management