CO needs to beat UO, USC, OSU.. for Utah’s sake

Viewing 6 reply threads
      3 1

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

I don’t care about Prime or his antics one way or another. And I’ve been neutral about CO in general. I only care about what serves our interests the best, and this year, that means CO needs to beat UO, USC, OSU. CO is not a threat to us (not yet at least). If anything, they can make our lives a bit easier. And I’m all for that. I want to have every (fair) advantage we can get. So f*** the ducks! I want CO to beat UO (and USC, and OSU, and then they can topple against ASU) so it can help Utah. It’s as simple as that.
      Go Utes!!!

3 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

For me it isn’t really a matter of cheering. I cheer for Utah and happen to be very unreasonable at times when I watch Utah.

I also wouldn’t mind at all if Colorado beats Oregon or anyone else other than Utah.
      My opinion is Colorado will not win these games based on what I have seen.

You can over analyze the rankings and s**t but I think a one loss Utah gets into the playoff. So the benchmark is losing at the least one game. I don’t think that is realistic as I think the P12 will eat itself and also Utah has yet to get healthy.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

I don’t think there will be any undefeated, nor 1 loss PAC12 teams.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah. There is no way. It is way too good of a conference this season. Which even with improvement of Colorado you still have some dogs in Zona, ASU, and Stanford. Cal is good.

Colorado has an easier conference schedule than Utah as well.

RedUte14
            Ute Fan
            @redute14

i don’t think Cal is that good, they went down 17-0 to an FCS team, and ASU got shut out by Fresno State

RedUte14
            Ute Fan
            @redute14

Stanford also just lost to an FCS team. the one Troy Taylor was coaching at. that’s pretty embarrassing.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Dogs=crappy team. I think Cal is top of the bottom tier P12 teams.

Right now if I had to rate the conference.
              USC, Oregon, Washington, Utah top tier. fUCLA, Colorado, Wazzu, and Oregon st mid.
              Cal, ASU, Zona, and Stanford round out the bottom. Stanford is really bad. Like probably worst in the nation bad.

RedUte14
                Ute Fan
                @redute14

ohhhh my bad man totally misunderstood

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Eagle, I agree that UO is the favored team, but I still give CO ~30% chance.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I agree totally. I would say P12 mid teams can beat the upper teams.
          College football in general this year looks kind of meh. Georgia is good but beatable.
          1-10 isn’t that much better than 11-30 I guess is my point.

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

If CU were to beat all those teams, I think there would be a real possibility that they could just as easily beat us. Quite probably if they lost to us they would have 1 loss and be in the CCG.

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Nope…I want them to go 0-9 in conference play!!!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Why?
        I don’t understand this either. I haven’t had really any negative interactions. I think Coach Prime is good for College Football.
        USC, Washington, Oregon and fUCLA are bad for football. At least for the majority of fans. I want them to lose every game.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

ONLY if that helps Utah.

UtesRule
          Ute Fan
          @utesrule

Nothing helps Utah other than Utah winning as many games as they can.

UtesRule
            Ute Fan
            @utesrule

If Utah goes 12-1, they are in the CFP! Regardless of what CU or any other Pac12 teams do.

If Utah goes 11-2 and still wins the PAC12 championship game, they’re in a NY6 bowl game. Again, regardless of what CU or any other PAC12 team does.

SalUteopia
            Ute Fan
            @saluteopia

I get that we control our destiny (as of now), and of course I would love to win every game. But realistically speaking, I see at least 3 conference losses this season, so would be great to get any external help we can get. Much like OSU’s and UW’s final-week wins in 2022 paved the way for us to make it to the P12 CCG.

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

It feels a little early in the season to be looking for help. At this point, everyone but Stanford controls their own destiny. Just worry about figuring out how to win each week and let the rest sort itself out.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Those of you who don’t mind Coach Prime and Colorado obviously don’t live in Colorado. It’s like everyone freaking lost their mind. Colorado now has more fans coming out of the woodwork than I’ve ever seen in my 12 years here. They all think Colorado is going 15-0 and going to win the National Championship. Now that was before last night, but it’s irritating, so stinking irritating. I’m ready for them to lose to Oregon, and if possible Arizona State, Arizona, and Washington State. Prime’s schtick is getting old and way too much coverage in the news here. (VOMIT)

Enough!

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Fair, 98. But what if I told you they win UO, USC, OSU, but lose ASU, UA, WSU (and us of course)? I know this won’t happen, but I’d love for some combo of this to happen, so it best helps our P12 CCG chances. Regardless, CU is going down. Unfortunately, Coach Prime bluster will continue.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Personally, I think that Oregon is licking their chops thinking about Colorado. I really think that they’re going to make a statement fully well knowing that the game is going to have a huge audience. Look at it this way, if the Buffs’ defense allowed a bad Colorado State team (that shot itself in the foot multiple times) to score 35 points in Boulder, how many do you think that they’re going to allow in Autzen? Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me at all to see the Ducks score 50+ on Colorado and hold them to 3 TDs or less.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Agree.

BoiseUTE
          Ute Fan
          @slarson150

I totally agree I could see UO winning this one by 40 or 50. I am not on the Prime wagon and really can’t wait to see them lose 3 or 4 in a row to shut it down a little. I watch the whole CSU and CO game and just keep begging to see CSU win that damn game….it was a bummer not to happen this week. I can’t stand UO, but I think this one could get ugly for CO from what I have seen from them so far.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Yeah, this is more likely to happen.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Personally, I’d like to see all of the 4 corners schools beat the schools going to the B1G, because screw them.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football CO needs to beat UO, USC, OSU.. for Utah’s sake