Coach Kodiak’s Culture Club

Viewing 3 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Season wrap-up interview.  Nothing about Boy George…

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/5170811-155/utah-basketball-looking-forward-larry-krystkowiak

Interview transcript…

http://www.sltrib.com/blogs/uofusports/5171484-155/utah-basketball-transcript-of-larry-krystkowiaks

I think we had four games where the other player had a career-high or season-high.

That is something Majerus would definitely not let happen.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That is something Majerus would definitely not let happen.

Yes. Maj knew how to completely shut down anyone he wanted to.

1 4

HoosierinUt
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierinut

not a lot being said although a lot of words are being used.

so he admits that he recruited players that did not “buy in” and that he also recruited players without much evaluation. Ummmmm……….

Yeah we all see that coach. It was pretty obvious all season long. However, there are still players on the team getting significant minutes that are not Pac12 level players. How is that being addressed when there isn’t anyone coming up behind them?

I don’t like how quickly he glossed over the amount of players that have left. That is his problem for recruiting the wrong players. And bragging about 20 wins with that pathetic schedule??? Lame.

If you want your players to be accountable coach, try taking some accountability yourself first. Lead by example, right?

As for other comments he admitted:

1) we literally only have 1 legit PG (Barefield) without a legit backup. That is ridiculous.
      2) it sounds to me like we should not expect anything at all from Seely and Jokl next year. Seely had serious health issues when he arrived here?
      3) No update at all on whether or not Bealer will get another year.
      4) Mentioned that Collete wants to appeal for another year as well…not quite sure how that is even possible. Mentioned that David is “older” and that it isn’t being addressed (the extra year) by the coaching staff at all right now.
      5) Sounds like he doesn’t think Kuzma has any options other than to return, but who knows what Kuzma will decide. He is graduating this month.

This team is crazy thin (depth) at the moment. Collette is one more hit to the head away from being toast. We only have one legit PG, so god forbid he gets injured. Kuzma is still undecided.

I’m calling it now….when they release the non-conference schedule it is going to be pathetic. “New team needs time to gel before conference play” garbage. New team 2 years in a row????

Recruiting is 100% the problem here and it is obvious.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Everything I’ve heard says that Seely should be a huge contributor for us next year and may be the surprise of the year. Everyone raves about him. Very similar to how people would talk about Kuzma. 

HoosierinUt
          Ute Fan
          @hoosierinut

That would be fantastic and badly needed.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

The team is thin in the backcourt, not the frontcourt, assuming Kuzma comes back and Bealer gets another year, both of which sound likely. We’ll have Bealer, Seely, and Tillman at the 3, Kuzma and Rawson at the 4, and Collette and Johnson at the 5. If we want to make any noise next year in the PAC and NCAA Tournament we need a couple of PAC level guards.

As for the OOC schedule I’m expecting a big upgrade, we already have Xavier, @ Butler, @ BYU, and Utah St. I’m hoping not to see any DII teams on the schedule, that would be a big first step. Last season our non conference SOS was abysmal (139), but the two years before that we had very strong OOC schedules – #25 OOC SOS two years ago, #9 OOC SOS three years ago – I’d expect something like that this coming season, especially if we can add a couple of PAC level guards.

Coreyc04
        Ute Fan
        @greenstormute

Collette lost his sophomore year because he never played a game for USU that year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got another year. It makes sense. The amount of games he lost he deserves from another year of eligibility. I’m not sure because he is older it makes sense for him to stay another year but if you could get your masters degree and be in pretty good shape for the rest of your life.

TheJuggernaut
          Ute Fan
          @thejuggernaut

They’re also going to try to get Barefield another year, since he only played in 7 games as a FR at SMU.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Indeed it was very common for an opponent’s most productive player to have historically low performances when facing Maji’s Utes.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Coach Kodiak’s Culture Club