Covey and BJ to Super Bowl

Viewing 3 reply threads

bopahull
      Ute Fan
      @bopahull

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Covey is a winner. He makes every team he joins better. Johnson is also a winner, but Covey’s leadership ability is absolutely off the charts. I knew a couple kids on Timpview High Schools team with Covey and they said the feeling in the locker room was completely different when he was there. That ability to affect locker rooms has stayed with him. I’m sure he has a similar effect on the team in Philly (though obviously to a lesser extent since he isn’t super well known).

6 1

Extra Medium
        Ute Fan
        @runningreddude

I’m so torn because I loath everything Philly. Mostly the fans…but is it worth Covey getting a ring if I have to watch Philly celebrate.

I’ll have to get back to you.

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

Covey seems to wind up in the right place at the right time.  He appears in the Rose Bowl in 2022, and follows that up with a Super Bowl appearance in 2023.

GO EAGLES!!!

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Does he “wind up” there or does his presense make it happen?

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

That’s exactly what I was going to say. Timpview was pretty good before he got there, but they were UNBEATABLE with him on the team. When he left, they quickly returned to being just good.

You can see from locker room videos that Covey had a big impact on the Utes locker room.

I guess Philly is different for a number of reasons, one of them being that Philly has a ton of talent, and would probably be where they are whether he was there or not.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Philly is 100% set at their #1 and #2 positions at WR. 

BUT…they aren’t happy with their #3 and #4. They will look to sign someone/maybe draft a WR late. This means Covey has a good and bad problem. If they bring in another WR, they will try to find someone to take his spot at WR/PR. 

Makes sense, kill two birds with one stone. 

BUUUUTTTTT…this also means there is a spot open for Covey to get PT at WR. He needs to prove he can get off the line this offseason. That was one area he was terrible at. He couldn’t get off the line vs NFL CB’s and into his routes. We all know he can catch. We all know he can run great routes. He has to get off the line. 

If he does so, he has a real shot to stay on the team and actually play. He has every opportunity to excel in front of him. Time for him to go to work (continue working) and take hold of this opportunity. 

I’m excited for him. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NFL Covey and BJ to Super Bowl