Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I’m pretty sure we knew that.

2 1

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Downvotes huh? We’ve been given this info before. On this very board. I stated what I believe is a fact. Sorry for doing that I guess?

3 2

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

We knew he was out with an ACL (and possible MCL) but the meniscus is new info- I hadn’t downvoted you but your life is going to be much better if you don’t worry about fake internet points

Utesbyfive
            Ute Fan
            @utesbyfive

I’m not worried, I just don’t understand it. Oh well.

6 1

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

Ute Hub points are real.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Wishing him a full recovery. It would be a shame if he lost any of his lateral quickness / general shiftiness.

Get better soon Covey!

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Whoa!, need some playmakers on ohfense to step up in Holiday Bowl!

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

I wonder what the chances are he takes a redshirt next year if he’s not 100% by the opener next season. Of course this means he could play four games at the tail end of the season if he’s back to full strength and still take the redshirt.

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

A standard ACL surgery requires 6 months for the “new” ligament to fully attach, hence no lateral training during that time.  With correct rehab, which he will have, his muscles will feel “ready” in 4 months.  Keeping athletes from pushing too fast is a big issue.  We don’t want a story about Covey feeling 100% in 4 months and returning to normal sports activity early.  That can lead to a ligament detatchment injury.  

The torn meniscus is a wildcard.  Depending on the severity of the tear, he will be non-weight bearing on that leg for up to 6 weeks, although 3-4 weeks is most common.  This part of the injury is often the most painful and initially limiting in rehab.  Hopefully it was a minor tear.

Without setbacks, he could play next season.  Many believe that full recovery (moving at same speed without mental hesitation) takes 12 months, so the redshirt option is probably on the table.  

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Damn. Covey had a torn ACL and meniscus