Dante Moore (UCLA) and DJU to the Transfer Portal

Viewing 2 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I’m telling you guys, there’s going to be a ton of quality QBs looking for a home this transfer season.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

And those quality ones will be looking for (1) money and (2) starting QB next season. Rising is likely taking up most of the money allocate from NIL for a QB and he’s got the starting spot locked down. The best we are going to get in the portal is likely a solid QB who would start for a G-5 team perhaps, but not really a star that can lead a team to a Championship.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Honestly, I don’t think we ever get that. No QB is going to want to transfer to Utah knowing that he has zero chance of starting.

DrahtUte
        Ute Fan
        @drahtute

I just can’t imagine though that there are that many opportunities where a transfer QB will be guaranteed a starting position and will get a lot of money. The teams with a lot of money to spend are the big-time programs which I wouldn’t picture being in a situation where their QB cupboard is so empty that they can guarantee some transfer QB a starting spot. I’m sure there are some situations like that but there can’t be many, right?

I’m thinking maybe there’s 5 to 10 of those situations but from what I’m hearing there’s going to be a lot more 4* plus QBs in the portal than that.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Considering the confusion to start this season I wonder if any of them would want to come to Utah.
      The message has been sent that you won’t really get a shot. You will share reps during practice possibly three ways and expected to come in cold regardless.

Rising is the all in bet again this season.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

The message is the Cam Rising template. Sit for a year and learn the offense so you have a leg up to be the legitimate starter with a playoff caliber team in 2025. Someone may bite, especially if they have sound advice from the “deciders” in their life and the price is right.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Dante Moore (UCLA) and DJU to the Transfer Portal