Deadpool 2 was fantastic.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Go see it. But don’t take your kids. It has something for everyone (except for kids). Even Jesus is present all throughout the movie. 

Seriously people. This is a wonderful family movie…but not for kids.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Didn’t care much for the first. I figured I would wait for the DVD again. My second grader has a kid in his grade who likes to talk about Deadpool and how he got to go see it with his parents.

I am hearing Solo isn’t getting very good reviews. I was hoping for Rogue One style Star Wars which I like better than the Skywalker/Kylo Ren story now. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

If you didn’t like the first one, this one is in the same recipe. I’d wait if I were you. 

How any parent would let their watch Deadpool…smh. 

I agree about Rogue One. I’m still excited for Solo. How bad can it be with Ron Howard and the rest of the cast? It can’t be that bad, right? RIGHT!?!

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

What is it about our culture that makes us think the proper thing to do is to shelter children from aspects of said culture? Do we think that we’ll “break” them or that their childhood will be ruined by reality?

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Yeah I agree take them to the strip club bro. In fact I have a field trip planned this summer with mine take them down to see real drug culture at Rio Grande then on to Mexico for a donkey fluffing show. 

dystopiamembrane
              Ute Fan
              @dystopiamembrane

Agreed. Perhaps, if we raised aware children, the world might be a less f**ked up place.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Being extremely sarcastic before. The reason why this world is f**ked up is because children are not allowed to be innocent anymore. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

There are a TON of good reasons to shelter kids. I’m one of the most liberal posters here. My kids sleep in their rooms. Each kid has maybe spent two nights sleeping in my bed in their 10, 8 and 6 years of life.

Why? Because I “shelter” them from things they are ready for. They don’t watch scary movies or television that is too “old” for them.

I sleep like a god damn baby every night in my own bed.

I think you’d be stupid to show a movie like Deadpool to a kid. I think you’d be stupid to show The Ring to a kid or any other scary movie.

Kids are taught to believe in all sorts of hocus pocus, from Santa to the Easter Bunny to Jesus (whether you believe he is a God or not, he falls in the “magic” realm in childhood).

Why wouldn’t they believe what they see on tv isn’t real? It’s what they’ve been conditioned to.

My oldest is 10. We’ve begun talking about sex and what happens when he changes. I haven’t talked to my 8 year old about it. Why? Because it is irrelevant to him. He’s not going through puberty. He isn’t concerned about girls (or boys). He is worried about Soccer and Teen Titans Go! and Captain Underpants.

Why would I want to change that? That would just be dumb. Let the kid be a kid. He will have plenty of time to worry about all that other stuff.

NOW, if he is 17, and still afraid of ghosts or evil spirits and doesn’t know about safe sex and drug use and being responsible, then let’s talk.

But taking a 12 or 14 or younger (hell, most 16 year olds shouldn’t be watching Deadpool) to a movie like Deadpool? Smh. Be better. Be smarter.

A 16 year old doesn’t know how the adult world works. They don’t know that the majority of people hooking up on Tinder are disease ridden, disgusting humans. They don’t know that people who drop the F Bomb at work are soon unemployed. They are morons.

Let them be mature enough to handle the information presented in deadpool.

I’m old enough to laugh and the jokes and get the take home message of “Families are forever” and “work together to change the future” found in this movie.

A lot of 16 year olds won’t see that message. They just see gratuitous violence and dirty jokes. Hell, most adults aren’t smart enough to see the overall message of love and hope.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Agree totally. Let kids be kids but always open to them so you can answer their questions. I am not sheltering them totally for example not allowing them to play with who they want to or home schooling them. I do think public schools in Utah are starting to become a joke. But I want my son to experience the pitfalls of society in a somewhat safe environment. 

We have noticed something recently that they really can’t do anything to stop physical violence. It has been a hard lesson for my son but I think necessary. Some people are assholes nothing you can do but endure it and control you. 

Utebeam
              Ute Fan
              @utebeam

What… wait, what did you say about Santa…I can’t beleive I’ve been lied to all these years. 

TheJuggernaut
            Ute Fan
            @thejuggernaut

This is why:
            Early childhood, which spans the period up to 8 years of age, is critical
            for cognitive, social, emotional and physical development. During these
            years, a child’s newly developing brain is highly plastic and responsive to
            change as billions of integrated neural circuits are established through the
            interaction of genetics, environment and experience. Optimal brain
            development requires a stimulating environment, adequate nutrients
            and social interaction with attentive caregivers. Unsafe conditions,
            negative interactions and lack of educational opportunities during these
            early years can lead to irreversible outcomes, which can affect a child’s
            potential for the remainder of his or her life.

https://www.unicef.org/earlychildhood/files/Brochure_-_The_Formative_Years.pdf

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

LOL yeah changing to Ron Howard is a concern for me. I really like the cast personally they need to give Daenarys a space dragon to fly with and freaking lasers and light speed. 

2 3

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Honestly, can someone tell me when are we expected to run out of comic book heroes so we don’t have to endure any more comic book movies? No lie… I thought the comic book movie fad was over after Ironman came out because there were no more comic book superheroes left to rip off. 

1 1

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

There are still many many more.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Captain Marvel is going to be sweet!!!

Hollywood is swimming in originality these days at least the stuff from my childhood is finally being made. Homer Simpson is wise:

https://youtu.be/t28ZB1t6gg8

1 1

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Sigh… that’s what I was afraid of.

Sometime in the past, there was a meeting at Paramount or Universal that went something like this:

“Good news, guys. We don’t need to come up with an original idea ever again! We can just use comic book characters and plots.”

“Sounds great! What should we do with the extra money we’ll have from not paying good screenwriters and fleecing nostalgia-loving gen-X-ers at the box office?”

“We’ll spend it on lawyers to defend our sexual harassment suits.”

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Nah. We love to blame other people but it’s our fault. 

If no one went to Infinity War and The Quiet Place made 1 billion dollars, superhero movies would disappear in a heartbeat. 

They give us what we buy. This is one us.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Exactly it is capitalism those movies make money so they make it. 

I watched that Water movie with the fish sex thing and walked out. There is a reason it didn’t make money. It sucked. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Is that a movie? 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yeah man. Ryan Reynolds. Pretty funny stuff. Movie about how families can be together forever. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I assume Ryan Reynolds is an actor? Burt Reynolds’ son?

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

lol. sweet. Ryan Reynolds is a pretty and funny and pretty funny guy.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

I don’t ever watch movies. I’m always coding the next cool thing at UteHub.com LOL.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Deadpool 2 was fantastic.