Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Hopefully UW goes after Fisch.
      DeBoers to Alabama

NashvilleUte
      Ute Fan
      @nashvilleute05

We can only hope… rumors are that they should elevate their offense coordinator to head coach though. We’ll see what happens…

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Pete Thamel says Whitt is a candidate for the Washington job.
      That was on the Utah Sports Illustrated website. Seemed like obvious bait for clicks so I won’t even link it.

OldAsDirtUte
        Ute Fan
        @oldasdirtute

Yeah, when Whitt moves on, it will be for time with family, and his Cam Rising-tested pickup truck.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Whitt going to USU to coach Barnes one more time is more realistic than Washington.

Now I am just trolling.

Brettski
      Ute Fan
      @brettski

Idk, we need good coaches in the big12

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I would never want to be the guy to follow the GOAT. Think Lane Kiffen at USC. But, I guess Penix is leaving, and maybe he doesn’t like his prospects up there.

J Rocksville
        Ute Fan
        @jrocksville

Big shoes to fill, but he’s got about 10.5 million reasons to give it a shot.

Utegator
        Ute Fan
        @utegator

Yeah, I don’t see it working out well for him at ‘bama. Saban is leaving for a reason. Unless Deboer has a QB he can convince to transfer with him like he did with Penix. Gone are the days where you can have two 5 star QBs coming in from high school to sit behind 3 other 5 star QBs ahead of you.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

UW is barren for talent. They currently have the #10 overall class…in the Big 10. DeBoer hasn’t recruited well and all of Petersen’s kids are leaving. Lake sucked at recruiting and DeBoer didn’t step it up either.

Gonna be a rough couple of years at UW going into the Big 10. UW might struggle to make a bowl game next year.

The smart thing was to take the money from Alabama. Because if you are going to fail there, you would have failed at UW in the Big 10. But at least you have 100 million dollars. If you stay at UW and fail there…what? You have 20 million?

Anyways, UW is going to face some tough realities next year…hell, all the PAC-12 teams in the Big 10 will.

UW might struggle to get six wins.
        UCLA probably won’t go bowling.
        Oregon will have to fight to get to 10 wins.
        And honestly…USC might only be around six wins. They play and could lose to: LSU, Michigan, Penn St, UW, Nebraska, UCLA, ND. That is seven losable games. And they still have to play Wisconsin, @Minnesota, @Maryland and Rutgers.

All the headlines next year will be about how weak the PAC-12 really was as the new PAC teams struggle in the Big 10.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I think Oregon will be fine. But you are 100% correct on the others. I have USC at Five losses at least.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

We’ll see what he can do. Deboar has dominated at every level.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I agree with you there. Very interested to see how he does. He is taking over a well oiled machine and he’s a great coach. Can he maintain the recruiting? Because as a coach, he’s great.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Ryan Grubb will follow DeBoer to Bama. Best internal candidate no longer in the running.

Grubb

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football DeBoer to Bama