Deivons waiver denied – the team is going to appeal.

Viewing 4 reply threads

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

We really need a better PG

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Maybe a better 3 point shooter and scorer but Worster’s 11 ppg 6 rpg 5.3 ast and 1.4 TO isn’t too shabby.

RustyShackleford
        Ute Fan
        @shakyute13

It’s for depth not to replace. Having him would definitely be a positive

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Yeah PG for depth. We need someone who can defend like Erickson but not be a turnover machine (I will say Erickson played really well against Hawaii)

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

We need a PG that we can use against teams with quick guards. It was exposed in the Houston and St. Johns losses. Worster is very effective against bigger PGs and ones that lack speed but gets in trouble with speed. It nullifies his size advantages.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

NCAA is the worst organization ever. Why the hell are they in charge anymore?

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

They so rarely enforce anything anymore, it’s shocking when they do.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

I am missing something, help me. It seems football players move freely, do basketball players have the same rules? Is Smith caught simply by a second move? Haven’t we seen football players make a second transfer? I wonder what the criteria is for a wavier that seems to come into play.

bopahull
        Ute Fan
        @bopahull

The criteria is whatever they feel like it is at the moment they make their decision. That’s a big reason why the NCAA is so loved.

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Completely true, they just do whatever they feel like. Case in point, the NCAA granted Ian Martinez eligibility for USU. His case wasn’t as good as Deivon’s.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

You would almost assume at this point the NCAA is actually a BOT. Understanding on what triggers the review process for an actual human is the key.

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Bad news. We have not had a quick athletic guard since Smith took over. We will struggle against athletic teams that pressure the ball on defense and can take our guards off the dribble.

This looks like a Majerus team minus Andre Miller. Times have changed since then. You need 5 athletic players to switch on pick and roll.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Deivons waiver denied – the team is going to appeal.