Does Gordon Hayward stay? I’m not sure he does.

Viewing 4 reply threads

Coreyc04
      Ute Fan
      @greenstormute

I think the Jazz need to make themselves better through trading assets. I’m not sure what that would be but if they went after one of the stars on the trading block it would really help their position. 

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

I don’t think Hayward stays either, unfortunately. 

If we could somehow get a top player, that would be great. Im worried that might be a little less likely though given our small market. 

So what does that leave us with? Our hopes of winning a championship then become dependent on the Pistons model – no huge stars, but solid players with chemistry. I think quinn is capable of being that coach and maximizing his players, we saw that this year. We just need guys to stick around, a quality player to replace Hayward (although they might not be a top 20 player), and a bit more consistency from the bench. It also helps when guys stay healthy. 

houhi43
      Ute Fan
      @houhi43

I don’t see why he would stay. Utah may be able to pay him a more than any other team, but if he can make additional $$ through sponsorship’s that may negate this advantage. The other issue is his desire to compete and win. I don’t think Utah can amass the talent necessary to compete with Golden State, Cleveland, or any other team filled with multiple all-stars. He may believe his best chances of winning would be with another team (in another conference, etc.).

Gordon has been awesome for the Jazz and I hate to see him go, but I can’t see him staying.

Coreyc04
        Ute Fan
        @greenstormute

Honestly trading for Paul George is the way we show him that we are in it to compete with Golden State.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I agree. I also don’t think the Jazz have the balls to compete. The Jazz dream scenario was last year: bottom of the league in payroll, 4-6th in the west. 

Make that money. 

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

That would set the franchise back. No depth and Paul George leaves after one year. If I’m Hayward I’m going to the Spurs as soon as possible. Leonard, Green, Hayward, and Aldridge is a difficult team to stop.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

You’re all missing the fact that Ainge is running for office. You can bet his dad would not make a move for Hayward since junior would lose the election in this issue alone.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Jazz need to sign and trade Hayward. Get some picks and continue to develop players to build around Gobert.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Does Gordon Hayward stay? I’m not sure he does.