End of the game sequence

Viewing 2 reply threads

thirtyfour-thirtyone
      Ute Fan
      @thirtyfour-thirtyone

I guess Florida fully gave up after their final forth down play. They probably could have been a bit more aggressive in stopping our time wasting at the end, and even though they weren’t, they still could have forced Utah to make a fourth-down play with 14 seconds on the clock (they had a timeout left). 14 seconds is probably not enough time to get into the end-zone twice, but you don’t know if you don’t try.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Their clock management in the 2nd half was pretty bad.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

I was shocked they were letting so much clock bleed

4 1

RedRocks
      Ute Fan
      @hypodactylus

I feel like both teams flubbed most of the second half.

Utah was doing their best to let Florida back in the game by playing that stupid @%#$^&! prevent style defense on every play and calling an incompetently conservative offense that couldn’t move the chains. Why couldn’t they just keep playing to win, instead of not to lose?

On the other side, Florida did almost everything they could to mess up their opportunity to get back into the game. With the way Utah was playing, they certainly could have but they decided to shoot themselves in the foot at every opportunity instead.

Happy for the win but disappointed with how Utah ‘finished’.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

It’s really the best scenario for Utah: got the win, got plenty of people some reps and there is plenty to see on tape for them to work on this week.

The talking heads say you get the most improvement from week 1 to 2.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

Brilliant analysis….Nobody tops the “Champ”.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football End of the game sequence