Ephriam Asiata?

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

247 Sports now lists him as 100% to BYU. I hate to lose legacy kids like this, but if he feels that BYU is better for him – so be it.

I am just curious about what changed with him in the last few months. He was previously listed as 100% Utah. Doesn’t his dad work for our football program? Does anyone know the back story?

I know Kalani was coaching at Utah when his dad played for us. Maybe there is a strong relationship with the family.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

He only has a Utah offer out of obligation – He also does not have a USC offer anymore.

Also, Matt doesn’t work for Utah

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

nvm

Utah#1
      Ute Fan
      @utebig12nattychamps

Not all kids that grew up in Utah who love the UU or has some level of connection with the school is going to choose UU. If they choose BYU, perhaps they feel or have a good connection with the school and the football program, aside from the LDS faith, if the feeling is mutual, people can’t be upset by that. Whether a kid goes to BYU or Utah, everyone should support them in their decision and what they feel is best for them and perhaps make them happy. Aside from the toxic rivalry, I take supporting a kid’s decision over the rivalry any day! The only exception, foul play! 🙂

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

As I posted above, I have no problem with him choosing to go to BYU. If he feels comfortable there, then that is where he should go. I was just curious as to what changed his mind. just a month ago or less he was listed as 100% Utah.

I wish him the best.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

You assume that Utah is jonesing for this kid. I’m not saying they are, or they are not, but it’s a two-way street, and when a kid changes commitment, it isn’t always initiated by the kid.

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

I am really not trying to say anything because I honestly don’t know. This is why I asked to see if anyone knew something.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @utebiquitous

Asiata dominated his age group as a linebacker until he was shot in the horrible incident just off of Hunter High School a few years ago. He brought his fists to a gang fight while the other side brought guns. If I remember correctly, a few of his friends were killed and he nearly lost his life. I would say he is still on the road to recovery. I saw him play this year just one time and he dominated the field. I don’t think it’s fair at this point to question his character. I don’t know the family but I’m told he’s learned and grown a lot.

As to choosing between the U and the Y. I think he’s always seen himself as a Ute until visiting both programs and really thinking about the best fit. Back in the summer he seemed to be leaning elsewhere just based on a few tweets that found their way into certain messages. If Ephraim feels better at the Y, good for him. I’ll be rooting for his success. He’s come along way already.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Without getting into the dets, I’m good with the change.

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

What about Bo Tate. What is the situation with him? Why didn’t we offer?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ephriam Asiata?