Eric Weddle “Lost” Money Playing for his SB Ring.

Viewing 2 reply threads

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

The Drive Podcast with Eric Weddle

Interesting that Eric “lost” money on his Super Bowl run.  I don’t think he technically lost money or was being literal, but I was shocked at his payout.

He was complaining about a dumb rule that if you are a vet and only sign with a team for the playoffs, then you make half of everyone else.  The total payout for the post season would be, he says, $140K.  Half that (for a vet) is $70K.  After taxes, he says $35K.

With 5 weeks of hotels, tickets, etc., Eric says he lost money. Again, I don’t think he is being literal of course.

Not to mention his pec surgery, pain and recovery.  He gets his SB ring next month and says it is all worth it.

The guy is all heart and passion.  Says he lives every day to the fullest and teaches his kids and boys (on his youth team) the same.

I can easily see him coaching here with Coach Scalley.  

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I don’t doubt that it probably cost him money out of pocket after taxes are figured. (He probably pays an S-ton of taxes) but I doubt he regerts it in the slightest. Thankfully he has F-you money. Lol.

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

Don’t feel bad for him 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

I think it was more of a joke and he wasn’t looking for sympathy.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Eric Weddle “Lost” Money Playing for his SB Ring.