ESPN Pac-12 Football power rankings

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ute family
      Ute Fan
      @jeff-forsgren

ESPN

I know we have some holes and it is ESPN, but #8?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I read those ratings as eyes on television sets and who they want to please. I don’t believe Utah watches BSPN all that much. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

The quality of ESPN’s PAC12 coverage has diminished significantly in the past 2 years. That first round of layoffs essentially gutted their PAC12 Blog writers as well as a lot of the coverage. I like ESPN for a lot of things, but their coverage of college football west of the Mississippi is really, really bad.

There are plenty of other outlets who do a better, more accurate job of covering the conference. So I’d take anything that ESPN says with a pretty big grain of salt.

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

Yup, seems like they must be writing their articles praising the SEC while watching multiple PAC-12 games on another open tab. Half of the time, they don’t even spell the players names correctly.

Ute family
        Ute Fan
        @jeff-forsgren

Which outlets would you recommend? I’m always looking for great content (great doesn’t mean red glasses). The local SLC media is terrible and I enjoy the occasional Jon Wilner article.

I personally am not a huge fan of ESPN with the east coast and SEC bias in plain sight, but are a decent gauge of national attention for the Utes and conference.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

247 Sports. Yogi Roth and Onlyu on this website. 

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

Utah is right there with Stanford, Oregon and Arizona. I’d probably put us fourth behind Stanford. We have a strong, strong team this season, just a brutal schedule.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

I don’t know what argument could be made to rank Washington State over Utah.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Hercules is gone and so is the Dcoordinator. I think Wazzu goes back to Couging it. 

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

They also lost a quarterback due to suicide and most of the time teams do not respond well to tragedies like that.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football ESPN Pac-12 Football power rankings