Everyone is at Fault

Viewing 5 reply threads
      8 7

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

WHIT/MH/players – How in the Hell, do you go months. With no or very little positive cases. And then 24 hours BEFORE your frist game have multiple and not only that multiple players that contacted other players.  How does that happen.

pac-12- Lets Be Honest. The PAC doesnt want to play football. Yes, Utah does, SC, ASU. But Oregon, Stanford, Wash, CO, CAL etc. etc. Don’t. (Im not talking about the players).  Therefore, the Pac will make a huge deal over any positive cases (See Cal Situation). The only reason they are playing is because of perception. Not the players. Perception. Thats it. So, if the schools do not abide by there stringent rules then so be it, they will happily cancel games.  

As far as the health of the players. Does this need to be said. We all understand this is the number one thing. But, they consent to play. They can easily opt out. So as far as I’m concerned if they consent to play then they are not overally concerned about it so I’m not going to get on a soapbox. They are adults who want to play the game they love. 

Larry Scott – Is The number One person to blame.  Bails early. Fine. Gets testing Sept 3rd and does nothing with it for 3 weeks. Only until the Big 10 announce they are coming back. Big 10 starts two weeks before we start BTW. Meanwhile the MAC is playing the MW is playing and our supposed daily testing doesnt save us 24 hours before a game. 

I dont get it. LS has no idea what he is doing, left no games open and these kids who just want to play or work there butts off get screwed. Unreal man Unreal.  Is there a real shot at Playing UCLA ? I dont even know any more. 

Rant over. Go Utes.

12 1

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

I work for a chain of hospitals in California and deal with people with Covid and it is real and contagious. 

I have witnessed first hand a death in our family due to covid-19. 

My brother in law in the medical Corp of the military said that the US believes that this was an attack on the US by China. They deliberately created the virus and set this upon the World to cripple the US.

The students have families and relatives they live with they can get the virus from. My sister brought it home from work. As a pharmacist they deal with those infected on a daily basis. 

The coaches can’t lock the team up. They can tell them not to party. But they still have some classes with other students. My niece is at the U now. She has some classes and labs on campus. She has two football players in one of her classes. She said that they have not been in a lot of days and half the class is gone. 

So you can’t blame Whit and the coaching staff. The U of U doesn’t even administrator the tests. They the players spend a lot of time together and can pass the virus to each other. Get over it.

Utah5410
        Ute Fan
        @utah5410

I Understand. But how are so many others able tp play is my point.  There was a plan in place. And the plan was not executed. 

3 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

There is a lot of blame to go around.  

I am not happy with my fellow Utahns.  We have the worst per capita infection rate in the country right now.  We are not doing the things necessary to stop this virus from spreading.  There are way too many casual, no mask, no distancing parties.  I have family members (not in my house) who have gotten this.  Almost always it was due to careless social events that seemed innocent.

The state of Utah is in a very bad way.  I don’t know if the Utes will be able to play at all.  We certainly will not be able to play next week and if we can play against USC, they will have played twice and been tested.  It could be ugly.

2 2

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Let me say – I am not for shutting everything down like California or Michigan.  That would be a disaster for our economy.  I am just saying that people need to be careful and wise so we can get this virus under control; i.e. no parties, no family Thanksgiving get togethers, wearing masks, washing hands, etc.

Larry B
          Ute Fan
          @larryb

It sounds good in theory but you will never get enough people on board. There are too many out there that have the right to do whatever they want, regardless of how it affects others.

Our only hope is that there is a vaccine that actually works at some point.

S.CarolinaUte
        Ute Fan
        @s-carolinaute

Actually going by the CDC statistics for Oct 23rd thru Nov 6th we are 3rd. So Dakota is 1-760, Wisconsin is 1-1103, Utah is 1-1638 and Illinois is 1-1645 (population # used was from 2019 US consensus) We actually Rank 28th in % increase in Positive tests. (KGET Dallas TV from Nov 6th article on CDC Statistics). NOT saying we arnt bad, just clarifying a mistake)

2 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Be upset that officials are more worried about HIPPA violations than public safety.

HepA outbreak- the location is released to the public. Everybody who visited the establishment knows if they came in contact.

In 2017 a 7-11 store had an outbreak and this was the news release.

“The recommendation is for customers who visited the store, 2666 W. 7800 South, from Dec. 26 through Jan. 3 and who used any restroom there or consumed any of the following items:”

They estimated 2000 people visited the establishment and recommended this who did get tested…

Covid19- no possible outbreak location has ever been released. News agencies had to file lawsuits in Utah County because of 2 businesses forcing people to come to work knowing they were sick…

Why the difference?

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Safety and Accountability. Harsh as it may sound, the UofU president and whatever counsel oversees the athletic dept needs to shut the football program down for the season. Clearly, Harlan and KW, given 2-3 months are not capable of installing a system in place like most of all the other football programs to mitigate C19 within the program. Are the players involved being held accountable? Don’t have all the facts, sounds like there were more than a couple of players testing positive exposing a number of other players. Stand corrected if it’s other than that.

The jeanie is out of the bottle. Utah will not be playing next week and since the program could not create a safe system for the players to adhere to over the past 2-3 months I’m sure there will be more issues before the USC game (hope not). Calling BS on the kids will be kids excuse. There are more students than not paying full tuition at the UofU sitting in front of a computer all day at home attending classes, wearing masks outside, and complying with social distancing rules. Sure there are outliers, I get it. To add there 100+ college football teams that have been playing the past two months doing their part follow the rules.

Plenty of blame to go around, starts with the millon dollar paid leaders over seeing the program. Rules and guidelines were clearly defined on how to address C19 like most programs are doing and the UofU football program could not get it done. Feel bad for the players doing their part. Go Utes!

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

^^ This. I would love to see them play (Selfishly) But that’s the point of my original post. How in the Hell after 2/3 months is there not an environment already in place. Example. Last night Boise St played with 4 players who did not play including there starting QB because of “Covid procedures” maybe they had it or were just exposed. But, the team still played. This tells me that Utah must have had many like 5-10 or something. How does that happen the week of the game. I could understand a month a go but the week of a game. Unreal. You cannot attempt to play, but kids at risk (sen though they consent) and then allow this amount of exposure. embarrassing.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

Or it means the Utes are operating under more stringent requirements from the Pac12. Maybe two guys have it, but they tested positive so recently that they’re in a 48 hour cycle of testing everyone else, bit those players have to be in quarantine until they test negative. Since they’re not releasing actual numbers, how can we know the true situation?

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Everyone is at Fault