Fire Ludwig

Viewing 10 reply threads
      5 15

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

The defense has held up tonight and all season, I know there have been injuries but the play calling has inhibited us. Fire him, this is abysmal

1 4

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

The defense has held up tonight? Northwestern’s offense is abysmal. Only bettered (or worsened) by our offense. That said, I’m not in the “Fire Ludwig” camp. Never was even back in the earlier 2000s. But it’s astonishing how little trust he’s had in any of the players this year.

A cold, back QB coming off the bench and throwing up hail Mary dimes against Utah is the most Utah thing ever.

Look, I’m about 6 or 7 black and silver margaritas into this thing with another on the way with 3 mins left and I’m annoyed.

3 1

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

The receivers were open. You can’t blame Lud for Barnes not being able to make more than one read.

alUmnUs
          Ute Fan
          @alumnus

What receivers?

4 2

Utehomer42
      Ute Fan
      @24cdalby

They’ve held up better. The defense makes big plays when it matters. Besides the Arizona game (collective effort) every loss this year has been due to the offense

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

The margaritas have worn off. I love how you typed this response right as Northwestern marched down the field and scored the go ahead touchdown.

15 1

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

dude, you’re a clown. Barnes can’t throw to save his life, this game made his stocks drop significantly.

Kellso
        Ute Fan
        @kellso

Barnes is likely not even going to get a look from a G5 team.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Barnes can throw, he just waits too long.

5 6

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

i think i would blame whitt on this one.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Bottari came in and made the best pass of the game, and they yanked him. Our coaches are comically risk averse. And that didn’t even make sense, as Barnes was trash. I watch other teams giving free rein to young players to prove themselves, and our coaches just will not allow it. It’s frustrating in the extreme.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

Which is really saying something considering Utah had more passing yards in interceptions than actual completions.

12 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Na man. This one’s on Whitt. No doubt about it.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Agree. With all the NIl B.S. I wonder if Whitt is just coasting and asking himself why he’s doing all this extra NIL work in his twilight years.

ORute
          Ute Fan
          @grute

I thik he’s got 1 more season left, help bridge to a new conference then toss Scalley the keys

Caliman
            Ute Fan
            @elguapoute

If Scalley is the best HC we can get, we’re fcked. Time to clean house and bring in a top 10-15 offensive minded HC from somewhere else, keep MS as the DC.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I agree. He had an entire month to prepare for this game. Barnes certainly did his worst, but instead of adjusting the play calling to short do-able passes, we abandon it, s**t down both legs, and run the ball 2 yards at a pop, putting Barnes in even a worse situation (3rd and long) every GD series. If we are going to stick with Barnes, then stick with Barnes. Completely shutting down your offense b\c he isn’t playing well is NOT sticking with Barnes. Horrible IMHO. I’m a Whit apologist through and through, but this was unacceptable after an entire month of prep.

2 1

RustyShackleford
      Ute Fan
      @shakyute13

Dude there isn’t an OC on earth that could make Barnes look like a capable QB

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

The OL was not able to replace the missing pieces. Several times it looked like an OL ran the wrong play leaving a free runner for a big loss. Northwestern stacked the box and shut the run game down for the most part. Barnes was unable to make quick decisions and threw many very poor passes. All a formula for no offense.

What I have seen in bowl games is always a big advantage for the team anxious to exceed expectations pumped up to prove themselves when they face a team falling way short of expectations looking to get the season over. Add in a complete team facing a team with so many missing pieces. I feel I should have seen this coming.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

“This” has been coming since spring ball. It wasn’t a one game anomaly. Not wanting to believe what you are seeing is not the same as it not being there.

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

Time to bring in Dan Mullen.

CityCreekUte
      Ute Fan
      @citycreekute

Of all the people to blame for that game I think Ludwig is pretty low on the list.

The OL looked like.. well it was hard to see them I am not sure if they were on the field.

Th QB missed everything. Possibly because he was throwing up hero balls to the defense because the only thing he could see was the purple.

JJ being hurt again (is there a str coaching issue with him?) took away whatever plan for the run game was in place.

Etc. and Etc.

Just don’t think you can put this one on Ludwig

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

I’m curious. How bad does the offense have to perform for it to be on the guy who is responsible for the offense’s performance?

If we are to believe Whitt, the hierarchy for blame is: Head coach, Coordinators, Position Coaches, Players.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.