#fireludwig, #hireludwig, #extendludwig

Viewing 4 reply threads

Parach-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @parach-ute

The past offseason, has there been a better assistant hire in college football than Andy Ludwig? I see a lot of people on here worrying about Morgan Scalley leaving but should we also worry about Ludwig getting HC offers he can’t refuse?

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

What better defensive staff would you want as an OC? Money talks, right? But Utah can compete on salary, and what better place to coach as a successful OC than a K-Whitt/Scalley/Shaw/Powell coached defense?

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Other than his expressed preference for staying here… Nah, I’m not worried. He’s sticking around as long as Kyle is.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

I would be surprised if Scalley left. Rumor is that Oregon tried to pry him away last year which is why we increased his pay to be on equal level with Ludwig. He is making very good money as a DC on top of his wife not really wanting to leave the state. I think it would take not only a huge offer but it would need to be in a place his wife would agree to as well. 

He is in a perfect spot right now and can’t see him leaving.

5 1

Mr Chainsaw
        Ute Fan
        @mrchainsaw

He is making very good money as a DC on top of his wife…

Are we doing phrasing?

Mr Chainsaw
          Ute Fan
          @mrchainsaw

Before you ask… Yes, in contrast to my avatar, I am in fact just a 14 year old boy. 

Chidojuan
            Ute Fan
            @chidojuan

Seems like exactly the sort of thing Carl would say.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

The UteZone folks also said on their podcast that Miami made an attempt to get Scalley last year and he declined it. So it’s pretty obvious that he would not take a lateral, even a higher profile school.  I think it would have to be a HC job.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I could be wrong, but I don’t really get the sense that being a head coach is Ludwig’s primary goal.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football #fireludwig, #hireludwig, #extendludwig