Five 2018 Utah Football Game Times Announced

Viewing 5 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

See full schedule on the app, or here at UteHub.com.

Weber State: 8:30pm
      Northern IL: 5:30pm
      Washington: 8:00pm
      Arizona: 8:00pm
      UCLA: 8:30pm

7 1

iamthepreacher
      Ute Fan
      @iamthepreacher

I can’t stand all of the 8 PM and later start times.

2 1

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I feel you. Those can end very late and can be very cold later in the season.

3 1

RUUTES
      Ute Fan
      @ruutes

People aren’t watching our games that late or on Friday nights…Every time I see a Friday or 8pm game I think about selling my tickets…at least that way I can fall asleep at midnight instead of 1:30am. Seriously it hurts our rankings (when we’re playing well) because the entire east coast is asleep and most of the west coast is watching anything else. This isn’t just a problem for the Utes…it’s a serious problem with the whole CFB setup and we’re seeing a lot of coaches yelling about it. Maybe the fans can yell with them?

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

The fans have been bitching about it since we joined the conference and more so since we have become a viable TV product for the league.  I respect your opinion but frankly I think you are misguided on a few points.  Casual fans, AKA dudes who spend Friday night and Saturday in sportsbars in the Eastern and Central timezone do actually watch the late night PAC12 games.  I saw it when I lived in the Central timezone and see it when I travel to the Eastern timezone for work.  I get the most random communication about the Utes from non-fan friends while the “Friday Night Showcase” game or late ESPN games are on. 

The problem you speak of is not “nobody watches”, it is that the 75 year olds who run the AP poll and CFP rankings miss the Big12 games played in the afternoon because they are already in bed.  However, a fair look at the last 4 seasons shows that for the most part the Utes enjoyed an inflated ranking at times because people were just looking at the box scores when they woke up.

Finally, Oregon State plays a lot of afternoon games on the Pac12 Network.  Bet their fans would trade some late kickoffs for the wins.

Can the season just get here already!

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

They’re not in the afternoons anymore!

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Anyone who is concerned about it being too cold or being up past their bedtime is welcome to donate or sell their tickets to those of us who can’t get them. You know where to find me. 

RUUTES
        Ute Fan
        @ruutes

You may be getting a PM from me if my wife gets any more annoyed 😬

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

The games are too late is 2018s get off my lawn

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Five 2018 Utah Football Game Times Announced