Florida lost to Vanderbilt smh

Viewing 4 reply threads

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Doesn’t matter anymore, but our Florida game will always remain a ‘what if’, especially if we make the P12 CCG and win it.

cj13
      Ute Fan
      @cjohnsen13

This is why I think it’s lame when people say we shouldn’t have scheduled Florida. OOC games are only important for Playoff consideration and to be a top 4 team you’ve got to play like a top 4 team. Schedule the tougher games and we’ll win them when we are good enough to be top 4. If not I’m happy competing for the Rose Bowl every year.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

We should schedule teams like Florida. Im excited for next season (even though I do believe it will be a down year) Baylor and Florida. 7 Home games. Its going to be great.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

I disagree. Case in point being the 2019 season when we were ranked #5 going into P12 CCG despite not playing a marquee OOC. And if we’re 9-1 this season at this point, we’d be around #6-8 and definitely in playoff contention. Playoff bid (where you still get to play a marquee team) >>> playing a marquee in season opener.

cj13
          Ute Fan
          @cjohnsen13

This proves my point exactly. If we had scheduled a tough opponent and lost we would’ve been in the exact same position. Granted if we were a top 4 team we probably would’ve won a tough OOC opponent as well as the PAC 12 championship game

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Vandy on a roll after beating Kentucky last week.  Didn’t think thet could pull an upset two weeks in a row.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Yes, and in fact, Kentucky beat Florida pretty handily at the “Swamp” the week after we lost to them.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They have made us look bad in every game they’ve played this season. 

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Unfortunately, we are Florida’s signature win for this season…not a good look for the Utes.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Obviously love Cam, but throwing it to the FL LB on the goal line is a top 5 most painful play in Utah history

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Florida lost to Vanderbilt smh