For as good as we….

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

…..Thought this team was, embibing heavily on the cool ade, looking over that 2-deep, we are so young.

Like sooooooo young!

There have been a lot of reasons for me to pause amd re-assess expectations for this year so i can chill. None maybe better than this.

Crow
      Ute Fan
      @crow

You can tell in the play of the Ute players. It is having a strong impact on the season.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Agree. Team is not short on talent, very young. The Covid season experience was over estimated in terms of experience, but still beneficial. Still a lot of football left and sounds like the team is wanting to ball out for their fallen brothers. I have a feeling USC is going to run into a pack of Wolves on Saturday. Still a lot to improve on, but all the pieces are in place. Fans just need to show this team a ton of support win or lose. 

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

I’m hoping this season is like the 2007 season where we weren’t that great and then ‘08 came and we balled out.

We are exceptionally young. 70+ of our 90-something man roster is a freshman. Think about that for a second.

younglurch
        Ute Fan
        @younglurch

Part of this is definitely due to the COVID season not counting toward eligibility, but I think the overall point is true. We have tons of guys with limited reps and game experience who are working on assimiliating to the Utah football culture and identity. 

I personally believe it is a bit of a fallacy to assume that more game experience almost always equals better performance. Plenty of teams loaded with seniors get dominated by more talented younger guys. But I think it’s undeniable that experience helps good guys become great. 

In our case, we have lots of promising good players who, with experience, are primed to be great. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football For as good as we….