For those worried about Washington…

Viewing 4 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Don’t be! Arizona looks tired, uninterested and they might have even given up on the season. Not having a bye-week can do that. Washington has the #1 defense in the Pac-12, so what! Guess who’s second?! Wildcat fans even think their team has given up. Now I’m not saying U-Dub isn’t capable of beating the Utes — especially at home — but it won’t be any 49-3 curbstomping they gave Arizona.

This game will be ugly, and it’s going to be an ugly win for the Utes. I know Washington is the Vegas favorite (-1.0) but that’s not really a vote of confidence. This game could come down to a last second FG either way. Time to see how bad this Utah team wants it, wants to play for a Pac-12 Championship and these next two road games are going to be the test. Time to prove if you’re the ‘contender’ that some of us believe you are Utah.

GO UTES!

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

I think the rule of thumb is you get 3 points just for being at home, so Washington only being favored by 1-1.5 means in theory they consider us the slightly (very slightly) superior team. Going to be one of those games that could go either way and will hinge on a big play or two.

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I dont really like that rule of thumb, especially for CFB. Some college teams are just SO much better at home (see: Utah basketball). Some teams difference between home/away is probably upwards of 10 points (Texas, for example)

THEeyepatch
          Ute Fan
          @theeyepatch1

I agree Arby, some teams just play over their heads at home and trust me… I’m sure Huskie fans are well aware that Utah is 0-8 against them and 0-2 (I think) against Chris Petersen. Maybe they come into the game over confident like Oregon did? Though I don’t want to make a big thing about it, beating U-Dub for the first time on the road during what could be the or at least one of the greatest seasons in Utah history would mean so much to the fan base. Being 0-8 really stings for us long time Ute fans.

ASU went down, time for Washington to go down and I don’t care if the final score is 7-6 Utah.

Jumpmasterute
      Ute Fan
      @jumpmasterute

ASU went down, time for Washington to go down and I don’t care if the final score is 7-6 Utah.

^^^ This^^^

Anonymous
      Inactive

Winning ugly, let’s do it!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Utah by a million plus five.

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

Hahahaha… that was funny.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Not sure what it opened at. I’m seeing -1.0 on Yahoo Sports but I see people saying its moved to -1.5.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football For those worried about Washington…