For those…

Viewing 5 reply threads
      4 4

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Putting this loss squarely on T-Will, don’t. He may take a little too long on his reads but that O-line is embarrassing. They are the worst when it comes to pass protection that I’ve seen in a long time and when you have a ‘perfect storm’ of lousy pass protection and a QB that has a pass-first mentally instead of tucking it and go, you get what you seen last night. Stanford Cardinal is a solid team but they did what Utah does to a lot of teams; beat us with your QB and Utah couldn’t. The score really came down to a bad punt snap which is another glaring issue. On to USC…

GO UTES!
      7 3

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Criticism of the Oline is misguided.  Williams would have clean pockets and roll out or back peddle into pressure. Film don’t lie. 

6 2

crazyute
        Ute Fan
        @crazyute

This exactly. Williams created a lot of those pressures himself. Not all but most of them

3 4

THEeyepatch
        Ute Fan
        @theeyepatch1

BGUte, the O-line has been folding like a wet cardboard box since North Dakota so you’re right… Film don’t lie. If T-Will stays in the pocket, it’s a sack. 

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

So Troy should have picked up the blitzers and blocked for himself? There’s plenty of responsibility for last night.  Laying it all at Troy’s feet isn’t accurate.  How many times did rushers come through untouched causing him to leave the pocket? 

If all you saw was Troy’s failures then we weren’t watching the same game.   

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

The O-line created some great lanes for rushing.  Pass protection and preveting the blitz without a blocking back proved difficult.  Stanford did and excellent job picking up the blitz.  

5 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

The o line certainly wasn’t phenomenal but they did okay. About 1/2 to 1/3 of the pressures came as a result of Williams inexplicably running directly into pressure.

//r00t4Utes
      Ute Fan
      @r00t4utes

I honestly thing Troy Taylor should take some of the blame, by the middle of the 2nd Qtr it was obvious that the U could run on Stanford and was doing so efficiently and TWill was not passing as efficiently as the run game.

So I know us fans have been screaming for more passing but I’m one for go with whatever is working at that moment during any game and that was the run game against Stanford.

Also I understand Troy Taylor is a first year OC so I am not upset (anymore) and this is just something to learn and grow from.

ragtownute
      Ute Fan
      @ragtownute

Respectfully, I think you’re absolutely incorrect. There is a pocket there every time and Troy can’t get past his first read and then ditches the play by dropping back five more steps or scrambling without a purpose. Troy’s career pass completion is terrible because he’s just not a high level QB. He played like his usual self last night, which is fine for a few wins and a few losses. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football For those…