FSU suing the ACC. More dominoes for the super blue bloods

Viewing 1 reply thread

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I kind of see a Super Blue blood conference. That will most likely control most of the prime game times on the major networks.
      First step towards ACC departure.

Extra Medium
      Ute Fan
      @runningreddude

Next step toward the top 24/32 teams breaking away from the NCAA to create the National College Football League.

ACC is the next conference to implode. B1G and SEC will eventually follow. No way they are going to continue to drag Vandy, Maryland, Indiana, Rutgers, Arkansas, Kentucky to the big $.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

The problem with the super conference idea is that a lot of schools that think they should be in the club are either going to get left out or traditional relationships are going to make it too bloated to ever be effective.

The pro model is based on having teams in the largest metropolitan areas to maximize local revenue. The college model is going to have to ignore schools in those cities in favor of traditional powers in the general vicinity. It also has to hope that oversaturation in certain areas while ignoring large swaths of the country doesn’t kill any goodwill that has been built up over the last century plus.

I can come up with 18 sure things for the super conference and probably another dozen that consider themselves blue bloods but would just be duplication in a national model. i.e., if you’ve got Michigan, Michigan State becomes superfluous. If you’ve got Georgia, Florida State and Alabama, do you really need Auburn? Not to mention that Clemson, Georgia, Alabama and Florida State essentially all have Atlanta as their hub city so why include all 4 other than they’ve been ranked a lot in the past while Georgia Tech is located in Atlanta?

There’s going to be a lot of schools that feel like Oregon State and Washington State do right now. Been part of the club for decades and realize too late that they were only there as long as they were necessary for the cool kids advancement.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

My biggest concern with a College Super Football League is that the NFL and college football are two different animals. The NFL is regional while college football football is local and also anchored on personal experiences and memories. Does anyone think that Michigan State fans will all of a sudden tune in to Michigan games that have zero effect on them? Or UCLA fans doing the same with regards to USC? How about Miami fans with regards to Florida or Florida State? I don’t see a pathway for that to happen. And, if it doesn’t happen then the financials won’t add up. Just the anarchist in me thinking out loud, you might start seeing grassroots efforts in trying to make sure it fails.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football FSU suing the ACC. More dominoes for the super blue bloods