Future of Randall and Harlan?

Viewing 7 reply threads
      3 1

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Do Randall and Harlan keep their jobs if Utah doesn’t find a landing spot better than some sort of hybrid MWC/Pac remnants merger?

Please note, I’m not calling for their jobs, just wondering if they can survive such a devastating blunder. Seems like our biggest athletics donors would stop taking calls from Harlan if we get left out.

Uteified
      Ute Fan
      @uteified

I think we are going to the Big 12. But in the unlikely event they chose to stay with the remnants of the PAC 12, there would be substantial pressure to terminate them.

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

If Utah doesn’t end up in either the Big 12 or Big 10, the time that Randall and Harlan are leaders is probably short. That being said, I think we are in the Big 12 in the next 48 hours

Roy Rangum
      Ute Fan
      @royrangum

I think Randall is fine. While athletics are a big part of a university, everything else is so much more. Utah’s Research and Healthcare are in my opinion far bigger fish when compared to sports.

Harlan though, he might be sent packing if we don’t get in the Big12. That said, I think we get into the Big12.

2 3

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Regards of where Utah lands, they way Harlan has handled this is pathetic. I know a lot of fans love the guy, but for the life of me all I can see is him driving our program into the dumps and charging us more for it.

DallasUte
        Ute Fan
        @dallasute

Harlan will have a lot of goodwill built up from overseeing arguably our most successful period across our athletics department – conference realignment would have to go really poorly for that to change…

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

One thing for sure, if the 2024 football home schedule consists of (for example) Wyoming, New Mexico, Cal, San Jose State, and 2 Cougar teams (Wazzou and TDS) and they want to tack on another 20% ticket price increase, going to be some unhappy fans and lots of cancellations.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

Oh my, I hadn’t even considered ticket prices if we’re left out. They will have to drop prices by 50% if they want to keep filling the stadium with that kind of schedule.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Oh yeah…it’ll be back to 2005 all over again…no way. no how the stadium is even half-full if the prices don’t come down in a big way.

WasatchRanger
        Ute Fan
        @luke8675

Do you think ticket prices will change/maybe stagnate if the U is in the Big 12?

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

Home schedules with Arizona, ASU, BYU, Colorado, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech, etc. would be good enough to keep ticket prices where they are currently while demand is evaluated. If demand remains where it is, ticket prices would stay the same or slowly increase. If demand goes down, prices would have to go down, but probably only a little. However, I don’t think demand would go down if we were in the BigXII. Demand will definitely go down if we don’t get in.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Moving from PAC12 to Big12 is a slight decrease in how attractive and prestigious the schedule is. But if we’re left out and are now in a PAC/MWC merger or even an expanded PAC (which adds some current MWC teams and possibly Hawaii) that would be a massive drop.

Yergensen
      Ute Fan
      @yergensen

Botching this round of realignment would cost Utah athletics dearly in program value (currently #33). That’s not only a fireable offense, it could be career ending. When almost every athletics program is seeking promotion, who wants someone that succeeded in P5 to G5 demotion of a program under their charge?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Future of Randall and Harlan?