GameDay did a nice segment on the Utah/USC game

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

They talked up Utah’s defense but made it perfectly clear that Utah has little offense without Cam Rising.

In the end – I don’t think anyone at the table thinks Utah can win because of their offense and because Bishop will not play the first half. Obviously, losing Bishop is a big deal. However, I hope Williams goes after Ritchie. I think they may be surprised.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Remember when Lloyd missed the first half of a game two years ago? Whitt decided he wanted the ball first in that game. If Utah wins the toss today, do they take the ball and hope for a 7-minute drive? Obviously, Whitt wants to limit the USC possessions with Bishop absent.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Does anyone think there is a huge drop off Bishop to Ritchie? Bishop is exceptional but I believe both are very capable.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Perhaps in run defense.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I think it is mostly sixes in abilities. Bishop might be more of a leader on field with the guys. I don’t see it as a problem at all. It sucks because injury and depth really. But Vaki is getting all these extra snaps so not like they are too concerned with it.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

Ritchie played the first few games like he’d taken two years off. Played much better last week but that game was also pretty much over by the time he came in. I wouldn’t expect him to shiite the bed but playing at Bishop’s level right now is probably a little too much to ask.

alUmnUs
        Ute Fan
        @alumnus

I think there is a drop-off, but the bar is already very high with Ritchie. He’d start anywhere else. Bishop is special, but they’re both future NFLers.

Jim Vanderhoof
        Ute Fan
        @jvhoofs

I agree with Tony. Drop off in tackling. Bishop makes a lot of tackles in space. Ritchie is good. Bishop is exceptional.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

They believe their best [O] will be better than our best [[D].

I’m banking on our D today.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

Our poo offense is going to make their poo defense look like pee

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football GameDay did a nice segment on the Utah/USC game