Good news – Bad News

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

The good news is that most of our opponents appear very beatable, especially WSU and Cal.  Oregon trailed late to a MWC team and USC entered the 4th quarter with a 6 point lead against a MWC team.  USC’s score is misleading.  They looked pedestrian at best.  I won’t even speak to SDSU and BYU.

The bad news is that the PAC12 SUCKS!  I hate to say it, but wow the conference outside of UCLA looked terrible yesterday.  The biggest surprise had to be UW.  They scored on their first drive and failed to score again against Montana.  Cal was supposed to be good.  I guess that’s not true. Stanford also looked horrible on offense.

I know it’s only the first week and things will undoubtedly change.  But, a loss to a Big Sky team and two losses to MWC teams is pathetic and some of the PAC12 wins were less than impressive.

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

The first week can be very misleading. Unfortunately, our conference likes to s**t the bed early but still beat up on each other late. I am super disappointed in UW, Cal, and WSU, but I don’t think they are going to stay as bad as they looked yesterday.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Until we actually win a conference title, the conference being weak is a good thing for us.

sos matters in playoff related discussions only, and going undefeated is a necessity if we want in. Weak pac12 = higher chance of not losing = better National perception = better players = better odds to go undefeated again = better chance of actually making the playoff

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I completely understand your point but don’t totally agree.  I think a strong conference means better recruiting, prestige, money, etc.  So, for me, I am for a stronger conference.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Good news – Bad News