Good read on Cooper Bateman

Viewing 2 reply threads

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

He is a terrific kid from a terrific family.  I’ve known him since he was a Gremlin Ute Conference player for Murray.  My son was his left tackle all the way up through little league until Coop went off to C-Wood.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Sounds like they’ve completely dropped the pretense that he was coming here to play WR.

BaldHatu
        Ute Fan
        @baldhatu

From what I am hearing it is because he has been the most accurate “thrower” thus far in camp.  Hitting everyone and “dropping dimes” was what the radio said this morning.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I’ve only seen him once, but he was by far the best passer in the individual drills. Huntley was second. 

In the team drills, Huntley and Williams worked with the ones and twos and Bateman only got 2 series with the threes and the DL ate them up for lunch. 

Bateman came here to play QB. I think he has a really good shot. I said earlier, I think the starter is either Bateman or Huntley come the fall. Williams isn’t bad, but he still misses a lot of easy throws. Bateman is a better thrower and Huntley is an outstanding runner. 

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

I’m rooting for Williams but if I were a betting man I go with Bateman. Huntley second. I feel bad for Troy if he doesn’t win it but we need the best guy out there…whoever that turns out to be come fall.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

They did that so Shelley and Huntley wouldn’t leave. 

Torg
          Ute Fan
          @torg

When is Shelley expected to arrive? Is it this fall?

UteThunder
          Ute Fan
          @utethunder

@Utah

I think they are more worried about losing Troy Williams right now than they are about losing Huntley or Shelley. Neither of those guys are expected to play this year anyway, so if Bateman is our QB or if Williams is our QB, Shelley and Huntley aren’t going anywhere because they are redshirting backups in either scenario.

But, if Bateman is seen as too much of a threat too soon, Williams might transfer rather than risk being our backup. And it would be really nice to have a Sr. backup with as much experience as Williams has, assuming Bateman wins the job.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I agree with all of this. 

Anonymous
            Inactive

Has Williams graduated? He really has only one shot at this and it’s at Utah.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Good read on Cooper Bateman