Harvey dude is quite the storm

Viewing 3 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

One of my friends who does the science behind some of the weather channels modeling efforts is really sounding the alarm about the chances for the low pressure system meandering back off the coast Sunday-Monday then coming back as a Cat 2-3 storm near Galveston Wednesday.

This is in the realm of a 5-7 day tropical storm prediction which is highly uncertain, but he thinks the likelihood of it staying onshore and slowly moving NE without any re-intensification (what is the best-case for all involved) is only about 25%.

Meanwhile even the official NWS forecasts are stamping more than 20 inches of rain on the coast over the next 7 days.

7 day Total Rainfall

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

What affect might this have on the BYU/LSU game? Someone at my work said they might end up canceling it.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Not that I am worried about losing to TDS, it does play a factor in that game. Utah really only has a glorified scrimmage week one so it isn’t that big of a factor.
        Additionally how dumb is Holmoe on his scheduling? Yes he is largely handcuffed on what he could do but Utah is a must win game and losing again will be devastating.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

24″+ of rain expected in Houston between now and Tuesday.  I don’t see that game happening.

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Hopefully they’ll just move it. Say, to Tiger Stadium. 🙂

LVUte
      Ute Fan
      @texute

Yeah, its been wild at the grocery stores. I usually have to travel south from San Antone an hour on Fridays to run our eye clinic in a little town. Easy decision to cancel today. They are predicting lots of flooding even up here in SA as the storm is set to come inland before it bounces out again and towards Louisiana. My friends in Houston area are pretty dang nervous.  Go Utes! and next weekend Geaux Tigers wherever that tds game ends up. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Harvey dude is quite the storm