Headed to Autzen for the UO game

Viewing 4 reply threads

LVUte
      Ute Fan
      @texute

So my wife and I leave Vegas a few times each year to catch an away game or two. We’ve been to the Coliseum, Rose Bowl couple times, Husky Stadium, and of course any games Utah plays here in Vegas. Hoping for another Championship game at Allegiant. Love having nice cities and venues to visit in the PAC. Hope we don’t have to change Seattle/LA for Ames/Lubbock ughh.

I just went and snagged some tickets for the Oregon game on Nov 19. Got pretty good seats, hoping both teams are ranked come then. 

Since my old Muss days, I think I’ve been to way more away games (all sports) then any back in SLC. 

Any pointers on visiting Eugene/Autzen? May try to get to Tempe also this year. Wish we were going to the Swamp, but decided to take my first 7 consecutive days off of work in three years for a cruise and we return on 9/3 so I’ll be watching us beat Florida on TV.

Go Utes! 

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

If you actually have good seats the people around you will be delightful, long time, Oregon fans who will show you respect and be generally fun.  The concourses of the stadium will be littered with students and other “fans” who will not hesitate to treat you poorly.  Oregon fans on the whole are very “new money” but the overall experience at Autzen should be enjoyable.

Take a poncho even if no rain is in the forecast.

LVUte
        Ute Fan
        @texute

Thanks, grabbed some around the 40 yard line on the visitor sideline. I’m sure the ducks will be wanting revenge for the two beatdowns we gave them last year. But I’m hoping a good bowl game, CCG, or even possible CFP berth will have us dialed in for a third straight W. 

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

The game is in November. Buy a very nice rain jacket and consider rain pants also.

Book your hotel soon also. There may already be nothing.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Go with Frogg Toggs (top and bottom) for rainy games.   

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

When I went to Oregon for a game – it was September, so a bit nicer weather.  We all enjoyed the Oregon coast and surrounding areas.  Utah won – so it was a great day!!!

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Bring or rent a bicycle and ride the bike trail along the Willamette, south bank. My friend has a community garden plot upon which he is growing barley and hops. See if you can find it. 😉
      Bike Path map

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Headed to Autzen for the UO game