Here Comes ALL Of the Critics

Viewing 8 reply threads
      7 1

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

No surprise. We get guys back including Rising we will be fine. Throw dirt on the Utes if you want. Same people threw dirt on them two years ago when we lost @osu. Same threw more dirt after we lost to UO last year. Every year like clock work. We need Rising back. If we don’t give him back we will not beat USC or UW. Yes, I still think we win out at home. prove me otherwise.

So Flame away and throw dirt on Whitt and Utah football. I still believe we can repeat. but yes, we need Rising. And a competent, confident and effective Rising. My other hesitation is we don’t know what we will get. But, I’ve seen enough of him to know his mental strength.

4 3

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

This loss isnt as bad as some think but you’ve got to start questioning whether tanking the team for Rising was worth it at this point.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Maybe these people will finally agree with us and MiamiUte

1 1

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

Several others think the same or version of the same but just aren’t as vocal about it. I mean frankly look at this I say the most tepid, vaguely critical thing involving rising and its downvote city. The root of the problem is the gross juvenile hero worship of the dude.

No one one above reproach, ever. To disagree is to be wrong.

2 4

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Cam ain’t coming back. Whether you agree or disagree with it, he’s collecting a paycheck to stand on the sidelines.

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

I’m hoping there is some calculated risk involved.
      Maybe splitting the first two pac 12 games, get cam back for the games ahead. I don’t know. Each week I have to make up a new story to make myself feel better.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

@LarryB. That’s an ignorant comment. If That was True Cam would be gone. Whit would not put up with that. Give some Credit to Whit. As far as Tanking for Rising worth the risk.No one you would bring in would give you what a potential Decent Cam will give you.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

I had no idea you could tag people in comments.

I wouldnt think Whitt would put up with it either man, but… he is. It’s getting really hard to deny.

UtahManTB
      Ute Fan
      @utahmantb

Precisely the reason I try to avoid social media after a game with obvious struggles. Somebody on Facebook actually said “To hell with this, I’m switching over to the BYU game.” Like, seriously?

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

Unfriend that knuckle dragger

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

No, the critics have been here since pre-season. Obviously you can’t plan for injuries that have yet to occur but you can surely plan for the ones that you know. Not bringing in an experienced transfer QB from the portal could turn out to be one of the worst management decisions that Kyle has ever made.

Yes, Eagle always tells me that we don’t know if they tried to bring one in and were turned down. That’s true. However, I follow Utah football religiously and at no time was there even a rumor of anyone coming to Utah.

What I think happened is this…Kyle and Ludwig didn’t want to disturb the team’s chemistry by bringing in another Alpha QB and bought into the possibility of Cam returning quickly from his injury.

Well, it hasn’t happened and, buckle up when you hear this, it might not happen or Cam might be back, tweak the knee again, and here we are in December at 5-7 or 6-6.

The point is we don’t know and, right now, all of Utah’s fandom is being held hostage by this issue. If you heard the announcers today, even they were picking up on what a distraction it is having your rehabbing QB1 taking practice snaps week after week but then sitting out the actual game.

I’m hoping for the best but I just don’t see a path ahead with either Johnson or Barnes. When you add to that resoundingly mediocre OL play, your top two RBs out, your best pass catcher also probably going 0 for the season, bad passes, bad drops, I just don’t know where the victories are going to come from. You can say “Cal and ASU” but I wouldn’t sleep on either of those two teams. I’ve seen them both play various times this year and let me say this…ASU has as good athletes as Utah does and Cal has a pretty good defense and a competent QB in Sam Jackson, so you underestimate them at your peril.

USC – loss, UW – loss, Oregon – loss, Arizona – possible loss, Colorado – possible loss… it’s just going to be impossibly hard to win any games just putting up seven points and less than 200 yards of offense on a weekly basis, no matter the competition. And no, the rest of the football nation doesn’t care.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

Let him cook!

Jim Vanderhoof
      Ute Fan
      @jvhoofs

Cougarboard BYU nerd posters. Who else could say such idiotic comments. They think they are funny. BYU humor at its best.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Ugh… I feel like people don’t watch Utah Football. Or are prisoners in the moment. I agree with the chemistry bit. If Cam comes back v Cal and is effective we are fine. If he tweeks his knee than we in the exact same position we are now. And no, I will bet anyone we don’t lose to Cal, ASU, CU at home. Uo, TOSS Up. But I still think we win that game too.

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

What team are you watching? The one that all season has consistently put up high school numbers on offense? Oregon has a great defense (ranked right behind Utah going into this week) and offense. That’s a game that without an outstanding Cam Rising could be a blowout. As long as Utah has no answers on offense, it’s going to be extremely hard to beat anybody.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Here Comes ALL Of the Critics