Here is why I have changed my confidence level for Saturday.

Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Charlie Brewer.

I have always been very confident in a win against Poo Poo. Been saying it for two years. Last year they would have lost to Bentley or Lisk. This year they would have lost to any QB on the roster. My confidence is soaring after the Weber state game.

“But it’s Weber st” the naysayers and pretend Ute fans say. I hate adding or subtracting stats to prove an argument. It creates a straw man yet here I go.

Brewer finished with 233 yards 19*/27 2* touchdowns and 1* pick. Now we all now the pick was inconsequential. The two touchdowns was coupled with two drops. The drops were not poor throws either. They were in the right spot and the right read. He also added four carries for 15 yards and took a sack.

The completion percentage and rating was great. Even more so is how he distributed the ball. 8 different receivers, Enis with a career night and Kincaid with two touchdowns. Kuithe, Bernard, Howard, Covey, Yassman, and Dixon.

So now you to should have soaring confidence in this Utah offense. But I have one last point. Ludwig was extremely aggressive. Not reckless either. It was very much we will line up eleven guys and play our game. No tricks my guys will out execute you and beat who you lineup.

That is just one side of the ball. Weber state had a sustained drive that lead to zero points. And then the final touchdown I don’t even remember. Utah was up 40-10 who cares. But it was 12 plays and took them 5:06 to score and make it 40-17. They had 270 yards with 57 rushing yards. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Utah 49 Poo Poo 13

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

The Weber St. game was so strange. There were many mistakes. The halftime score could have easily been 26-7 with that pass dropped by Pledger. I look forward to seeing a much improved team this Saturday.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Agreed. It’s hard to take much from either our game against Weber St or TDS’s game against Arizona as predictors for what to expect on Saturday. It will be an entirely different game with different matchups and teams that have worked to clean up a lot of mistakes from their season opening games.

But the one thing I do agree with that not only gives me great confidence for the “instate game” but also the entire season is Charlie Brewer. We have an excellent QB this year who is a perfect fit for our system. And right behind that, we have an excellent backup QB in Cam Rising who is a perfect fit for our system. Knowing we are set at QB this year, for me, means we are set up for one very exciting and perhaps (fingers crossed) “special season”!

#10iscoming! Go Utes!!!

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Works both ways, Weber State could have also scored 2 more TDs, but that is how the game works, sometimes you get stopped at the goal line, pass gets dropped, etc.   The Utes still won handily and when you look at other close calls or outright losses in the Pac-12, I am pretty happy about the result, and have some confidence there will be improvement week-to-week, especially week-1 to week-2.    I do have concerns about he OL vs the TDS DL, but if Whitt and Ludwig game plan to the TDS weaknesses, I think that will be overcome.   Didn’t see whole TDS game, but what I saw the Ariz receivers were blowing by their CBs.   TDS did pressure their freshman QB to counteract that, but hopefully with Brewer the Utes can capitalize on that.

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

A lot of fixable, first game rust and mental errors in both games. Utah should be able to throw all over BYU’s defense if Brewer has time to throw. BYU’s QB played a solid game against UofA. Hall will see a much different defense on Saturday.

Utegibby13
      Ute Fan
      @utegibby13

While i agree that Brewer had a wonderful game, the tough things about week 2 games is that there is still rust. I always loved playing these guys third game in or last game of the year. We are warmed up and ready to rock.

That being said, this team shows great promise. Excited to see what we come out with.

This game is always tough. I think they are dying, absolutely dying, to beat us. They may pull out any of the stops to do so. They thought last year was their year but covid stopped that idea. And with rising dropping in the first game, it may have been.

Some scary superstitious stats to throw out: the last time we lost to them, their team was qb’d by a Hall. Of course, he said some things that made us rattle off 9 straight against them. Could this break the curse? Maybe that is why he won the job? That was 11 years ago. In Provo.

I kinda hate this game. It is a loose loose situation. They are gonna be up for that game. Are we? It has seem so for the last 11 years. Lets hope so.

Also, I do NOT look forward to the new uniforms the tds wore against au. The helmet color and uniforms didnt match. I thought it looked aweful. Undoubtedly they will wear that one against us. It would have looked better if it was satin like our satin crimson lids. This game would have been amazing astetically had those lids matched. They Royally screwed the pooch. Pun intended

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Here is why I have changed my confidence level for Saturday.