Hypothetical

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Before the season started we all agreed that we have a brutal conference schedule.  In the August would you have been happy knowing that after nine games we would be 6-3 and tied for first in the south with tiebreakers over USC and Arizona? 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Yes, but only if Huntley was still healthy.

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

Absolutely. And, I went into this season anticipating a Huntley injury in the first six weeks. He made it longer than I thought. 

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

Right. If you are a realist you expected this. It was just crushing to see him go down the way he did. And ASU smelled the blood and pounced. 

Warrior Ute
      Ute Fan
      @warriorute

I think at the beginning of the season I would have been happy with this scenario with the way our schedule looked.  If you told me WSU would be leading the North I would have been even happier . 

If we think about where we were on October 1st.  0-2 in conference with our upcoming schedule and the way we had looked up until that time I think I would have been ecstatic to think we would be sitting where we are now.  

I think the biggest disappointment is just seeing the potential of this team and how special a year this might have been if it weren’t for an injury and a couple of bad calls and drops.  

We aren’t out of it yet for the South championship.  Some good scheming and playing to our strengths and building experience at the QB position might lead us there.  It will be a challenge and we will need help, but it can be exciting to watch multiple games each week.

Go Utes!

1 3

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

I don’t have a lot of faith in our coaching staff to adapt the offense. It took them 16 games to things right for Huntley including 2 off seasons.  

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

Yes. It was weird how quickly so many people, the media included, just thought we had it in the bag. I mean Scott Mitchell pregame was saying Rose Bowl and how high we would be ranked to start next year.

Have these guys even watched college football? And not followed the PAC 12? We thought we were immune? It’s so hard to keep winning. A motivated ASU on the road is so hard. And the grind of playing a team as talented as you, and more if you go be recruiting rankings, every week just wears.

That will continue next week. And not just for us, ASU too. If we can grind out two more conference wins, I’ll take my chances and be proud of the year.

Both those QB’s can sling it tho, and our secondary has given up plenty of passing yards. it’s going to be tough but so will we.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Hypothetical