I am excited about our new QB

Viewing 3 reply threads
      2 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, I hate the new transfer rules.  We are seeing all kinds of transfers especially at QB.  

QBs are typically the alpha male in high school.   Any QB that is good enough for us to recruit has to beleive that he is the “man.”  He has to believe he will be th starter, maybe even as a Freshman.  

So, in the spring of 2020, if Rising is the obvious starter in the fall, will Shelley transfe to somewhere he can start?  All these guys want to start, so they will start looking for that place.  I believe in the end what will happen is that the backup QBs will be a step below where they have been.  Most guys want to play.  I can’t blame them for that, but it is going to make it hard on D1 schools.  When the starting QB goes down, it has always been hard.  Now, it may become a disaster.

Still, I am very excited about the future of Utah football.  I would love to add Nacua to the mix.  If we could get him to flip, I believe he would immediately become our top receivewr next season.  He is a special talent.

Go Utes!

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Relevant tweet:

3 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I’m ok with it. These are kids. And they are playing the last 2-3 years of football for the rest of their lives. They should want to play and they should be able to play. 

Get used to it. It’s the new reality. Your depth will look like this for now on:

QB1- your guy. QB2- hot shot freshman. QB-3 former walkon who is now scholarship. 

After the season ends QB1 will stay or graduate. QB2 will win the job or transfer. And QB3 will stay or transfer. 

Then QB2 becomes QB1 or leaves. QB3 transfer to G5 or stays. Walkon kid stays or becomes QB3. 

EastCoastUte
      Ute Fan
      @eastcoastute

I don’t think it’ll be that easy for Rising to become starter. Shelley will put up a good fight, especially now that hes had some experience this season. Do keep in mind that Utah tends to be a very injury prone team (highest during November) . That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if both first and second string QB gets injured next season and whoever is 3rd string has to play…I guess in this case it’d be Lisk and not Rising due to the transfer rules, but you get what i mean.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

When has Utah ever played their third string QB?

EastCoastUte
          Ute Fan
          @eastcoastute

i know it hasn’t evern happened but an example was last season for BYU. I went all the way to their 4th string QB by the end of the season haha. It can happen to any team.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I guess my point is, it doesn’t happen often and I hope it doesn’t happen for Utah BUT if 99% of schools got to their 3rd QB, they are screwed anyways. 

No matter how much potential your 3rd QB has, there is no practice time for him. He’s going to suck, whether he’s a walkon or 4 star. He just hasn’t been properly prepped. 

So I wouldn’t worry about it. If you get to your third QB, ala USC, you aren’t going bowling. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I am excited about our new QB