I am so glad that KW is our coach

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I just listened to Josh Pate on ESPN700. He is from SEC country. He asked his bosses to make this trip. He could not say enough good about KW and the program he runs. He said he is the best coach west of the Mississippi.

Mac started to change Ute football, but in his best year, he only tied for the WAC championship. Mac recruited better and made Utah football respectable. Meyer took Mac’s recruits and made Utah a powerhouse.

It would have been easy for Utah to fall back into mediocrity. Whitt has made Utah a perennially ranked team. We have played in four straight conference championships (2020 was not a real season). We have made it to two straight Rose Bowls (yes BYU fans, I know we lost).

I do not always agree with everything Whitt does as coach, but I am sure as hell glad that he has been our coach for the last twenty years. He has made Utah football into a nationally recognized team that is known for its tough brand of football.

Go Utes!!!

123punt
      Ute Fan
      @123punt

Agreed. We can nitpick, but we’re really, really fortunate.

The steady improvement is honestly amazing. Also kudos to the administration for having patience during our first years in the PAC. Many would have made a coaching change.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I am so glad that KW is our coach