I guess I am blind and/or dumb, but…

Viewing 4 reply threads
      11 2

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

I was actually encouraged by a lot of what I saw tonight. Offense was improved. Yes, they made a lot of mistakes and didn’t produce enough in the 2nd half, but Wazzu made adjustments. This is something to build on for next week.

It sucked seeing D get gashed in the first half, but adjusted decently in the 2nd. Not many teams will hold Wazzu to under 30 points.

I actually like our chances against Stanford, and am hopeful for the rest of the season. 

Also, it makes me happy that UW is currently killing tds 😁. 

cjd1
      Ute Fan
      @cjd1

It is just frustrating to lose winable games.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

No doubt. Super frustrating. But i am just not as ready as some of ya’ll are to say he season is done. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

That’s a fact. But the bottom line is, if we played tonight like we played against NIU, we would’ve lost by 3 scores. On the whole, things were better tonight. 

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

We passed for 118 yards.  Our run game has never been the issue, we still can’t pass and can’t stop getting penalized.  So I would say our issues are staying pretty consistent.

ladyinred
        Ute Fan
        @ladyinred

It wasn’t the game plan to pass though…i just don’t see it the same way. Agree with you about the penalties.. ugh. 

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

We have to have a balanced attack against a team like WSU though.  We knew they would score points and pass the ball.  Moss averaged less than 4 ypc, which is well below what he usually does.  That means they didn’t respect our pass game and played more guys in the box and it worked for them.  We made no adjustments and had no answers.  

3 1

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

A lot of posters that we don’t see year-round tend to come out of the woodwork around this time. 

It’s easy to hate, but apparently hard to support your team. 

The offense improved today, it still has a long way to go, but it improved. The gameplan was better, and it showed. Not good enough, though. Two penalties on that last drive killed us. 

5 1

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

It didn’t improve though.  Our leading WR had 1 catch for 38 yards.  Our running game was decent, but still way too many penalties by the offensive line.  Huntley was 12-20 for 118, which is beyond bad.  Not sure where you saw improvement as we didn’t move the ball at all in that 2nd half.  I’m not trying to be negative, but there isn’t much to be positive about.

5 1

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

I saw improvement in 24 points instead of 7 and Troy Taylor’s willingness to trust the run game. I never said it was significant improvement. 

I defended Huntley against UW because of drops and fumbles. I am now eating crow because I believe now that it’s clear that he cannot reliably throw the football enough for us to win games. 

I hate to throw a kid under the bus, especially for competing at a level that I could never compete at. But I think we need to seriously look at a QB competition this week. 

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

You don’t need to eat crow.  We all want Huntley to succeed as a QB, but I think we have seen enough to know that throwing the ball isn’t something he does very well. I’m not even saying Tuttle or Shelley would be better, but it would show that the coaches are making the tough decisions to try and give this team a spark.  We don’t have a ton to lose at this point by giving one of these guys a chance to play.

2 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Shows how bad this offense is if you felt this was improvement. It improves because of scores that is it. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I guess I am blind and/or dumb, but…