I hope the one game we play against the North

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

prior to Dec 18, is WSU,  However, I bet it will be Oregon.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

With 7 games, don’t you suppose two of them will be against the north?

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

There will be, but it’s 6+1. So we won’t know the second game against the north until the conference standings at the end of the 6 games. Then, the top teams play in the championship and everybody else gets a 7th ‘bowl like’ game

Utesbyfive
          Ute Fan
          @utesbyfive

Ok, but it’s still two games. My predictions, Oregon scheduled, and Wazzu at the end. 😉
          The rematch of last year’s champ game will be too much for the conference to ignore.

3 1

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Utah Oregon is a marquee matchup.

1 2

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Ha.

2 1

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Yes, it is and that is why I suspect it will happen.

3 1

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I wonder if they’d match USC with Oregon?  That would probably be the marquee game (this year).

Did you guys see what the Big Ten did to Nebraska?  As you know, some Nebraska players sued the league for the right to play.  When the Big Ten announced they were coming back they re-did the schedule.  Nebraka’s first four games:

Oct 24 @ Ohio St

Oct 31 Wisconsin

Nov 7 at Northwestern

Nov 14 Penn State

Careful what you wish for, I guess.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

USC will play one of the Cali schools from the north, my bet is Stanford.

The PAC 12 needs to game it like the SEC does and not pit Utah against Oregon. Oregon needs to play AZ and Utah needs to play either WSU or OrSt. Don’t put your best teams against each other if you don’t have to. The committee clearly would rather see zero losses than a strong schedule.

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Correct you are UteBacker.  As Oregon was the preseason favorite to win the North, and USC the preseason favorite to win the South, they would be the marquee league game this year — the 2019 CCG notwithstanding.

The BigTen claimed the Nebraska pairings were incidental, but it’s not like they’d openly admit it either.  That just goes to show what might happen to programs who don’t play the part of “team player”.  As unfortunate as it was to have to postpone their season, a league needs to remain unified — for long-term purposes.  But if you’re a selfish program, who’s only in it for yourself, you might as well try forming a new league with the tdS.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I hope the one game we play against the North