I know we didn’t dominate a weak WSU team last night like we would have liked.

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

But, basketball is an interesting sport.  There is a reason that it has been over 40 years since a college basketball team has gone undefeated.  Just look at some of the outcomes yesterday.

Number 2 Michigan State struggles to beat Northwestern by 5.

Number 7 Texas Tech loses to an average Baylor team.

Number 10 Auburn loses to a 500 South Carolina.

Number 18 Tennessee loses by 11 to an unranked Georgia.

Unranked Texas wins on the road by 11 against Oklahoma.

If you are not hitting your threes and you depend on them, you will likely lose.  Foul trouble can mess up continuity.  Injuries like we had last night, play a big role.  

A few weeks ago the Jazz beat the Warriors by over 30 points.  Are the Jazz better than the Warriors?  Not hardly.  But, on that night the Warriors were off and the Jazz were on and things snowballed.

In the end, no team in college basketball is 10 deep this year and it is difficult to be at the top of your game every time you hit the court.

We swept the Washington and Oregon trips.  No other team has done that this season.  It’s true we didn’t look good in the second half.  There are plenty of things to be frustrated about and I was.  But, we won.

I personally think that this team has over achieved.  If we win out and get at least one win the the PAC 12 tourney – we will be going to the big dance.  That’s amazing to me.  I did not expect that this season.

Go Utes!!!

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

Actually, we dominated them the entire game.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

We are, however, kings of the north.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We dominated most the game, except for the mental letdown at the end which gave WSU a chance to win. We do that against any decent team or in the big dance and we won’t win.

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Like the football team, the basketball team goes into cruise control instead of attacking like they did to start the game. It’s frustrating to watch. Utah should have won by 20 but hand it to Wazzu, they never quit. 

Beat UCLA! 

GO RUNNIN’ UTES!

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) I know we didn’t dominate a weak WSU team last night like we would have liked.